LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

CONTITECH 2800LB TRIPLE BELLOW 1/2" PORT
"Triple Bellow" 1/2" Port 2-Ply Air Spring 2800lbs rated - 5" Collapsed Ht., 22" Max Extended Ht. Factory Max Air Pressure - 120 PSI
These Air Bags are high quality with an unbeatable Price.
Price: $209.00 Sale Price: $169.00

i have those firestone 9000 in the rear of my g body and was wondering if anyone tried these yet.

·
Registered
10,194 Posts
Looked into those months ago for my impala and they are wider than shit!! They are like 12" wide. They were build mainly for offroad vehicles. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i could get them to fit. got about 15 inches or so. 17 inches worth of lift would be worth trying.

·
Registered
10,194 Posts
Originally posted by yodawagon@Jul 27 2005, 02:32 PM
i could get them to fit. got about 15 inches or so. 17 inches worth of lift would be worth trying.
[snapback]3491325[/snapback]​
Shit go for it then.. Post some pics though so i can see how you did it! It will look like a semi truck though when you are jacked up. LOL but its cool.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
might run into problems with the driveshaft. worth looking into though,maybe ill stick my head under there and check if it would work.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
i'm not gonna say they wont work

with the right fabrication and a massive two link rear suspension

on a custom chassis or atleast rear subframe

it would be awesome but the air consumption would be massive

there is no need for them when you can fabricate use your head

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ya, a can't-a-lever setup could get you simular results I guess.

I've seen triple bags on the front of a monster Excursion with a 4 bar link setup.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by HighProCam@Jul 27 2005, 03:32 PM
Ya, a can't-a-lever setup could get you simular results I guess.

I've seen triple bags on the front of a monster Excursion with a 4 bar link setup.
[snapback]3492178[/snapback]​
my old neighbor had one of the first lifted truck to be shown with air suspension

they had also done another one it was orange it was way higher than this one

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
um, those are just ratings. (kinda like 35 psi for a 155/80R13, where people run around 100lbs in em) i had conti's rated at 120 also. but managed to run em at 475 for a while and only pop one due to rubbing.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Jul 27 2005, 04:01 PM
um, those are just ratings. (kinda like 35 psi for a 155/80R13, where people run around 100lbs in em) i had conti's rated at 120 also. but managed to run em at 475 for a while and only pop one due to rubbing.
[snapback]3492338[/snapback]​
yeah we all know that

but mark likes to go with the highest rated stuff the idiot proof stuff that way it's harder for him to fuck it up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts