LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.universalairsuspension.com/stor...21cee44a49882bf

Was thinking of putting these on the back of my 91 fwd deville. They're not too wide, so I know they would fit. But do they fold? Also, I'm going to have to get rid of my shocks, right? Anyone know the max psi for them? I was thinking of running them @ 150.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by red_ghost@Sep 6 2005, 08:16 PM~3764330
http://www.universalairsuspension.com/stor...21cee44a49882bf

Was thinking of putting these on the back of my 91 fwd deville.  They're not too wide, so I know they would fit.  But do they fold?  Also, I'm going to have to get rid of my shocks, right?  Anyone know the max psi for them?  I was thinking of running them @ 150.

i remember a topin on these bags last year, i think we reached the conclusion that for side to side play, these wouldnt be a good idea (but isnt there a shock that go through them???)... but if all you wanna do is FB, then these are a way to go (kinda how sleeves are)...

like i say, I THINK thats what we concluded, hopefully someone on here would either correct me or agree...

i would like to know for myself... 11" of travel aint bad at all... put those bitches in the back and some slams up front...

-qs

·
Registered
93 Posts
if your only gonna get 11" of lift, why not go with the 13" lift bags, double bellow bags? i have heard nothing but good things from them, and they basically set up just like a normal 2600lb bag.

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't fit 2600s. I can fit these bags, and 2500s. I will be doing fbss. Why aren't these good for it? I also am doing them so I can 3-wheel. I'm putting air struts in the front. Also, what is the deal with the shock through them? I never heard of that?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
There is a thread somewhere on here regarding these triple bellow bags. I believe that these bags are not even rated to handle 150 psi. If I remember correctly, people were knocking them because of this reason. My recommendation: DO A SEARCH FOR "TRIPLE BELLOW BAGS" ...

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Universal air. THey do not require a strut. THey are 2500 size. However, they do bow out if its not installed on a straight axle. I have a-arms, so it would be a disaster. THey said use the 13" bags, but I dont think they will fit.

·
Registered
93 Posts
if a 2600lb bag will fit, then the 13" bag will fit. lots of people use them on the rear no problem, and they basically are just like a 2600lb bag except i believe the collapse height is like 1/4" higher than a 2600lb bag, like a firestone one.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by blznnp@Sep 6 2005, 09:26 PM~3764893
if your only gonna get 11" of lift, why not go with the 13" lift bags, double bellow bags? i have heard nothing but good things from them, and they basically set up just like a normal 2600lb bag.
11" of travel, not max height...

the 13" bags only give 9.6" of travel unless you place them on a pivot and do some funkiness :biggrin: ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts