LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SuperBad
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, we've got a customer that we installed four Viair 380s on his 2002 Sierra that keeps tripping the breaker. We started with a 100 amp breaker, started tripping it after a couple of weeks. We did an amp draw test & the amp draw on the 4 gauge wire just before the breaker was 77 amps. Thought maybe it was spiking & tripping the breaker so we installed a 150 amp breaker, it tripped it two days later. The breaker is about 10" away from the battery running about 10' - 12' of 4 gauge wire to a 4 way splitter to the relays with about 5" - 6" of the 12 gauge wire that's coming off the compressors. Has anyone had this problem before???? Now, the customer is still running the stock 105 amp alternator & a single yellow top battery, we were thinking maybe he needs a second battery & he knows he needs a higher amp alternator but doesn't have the money for it right now.

On my lowrider I ran the same set up with a 105 amp alternator & a regular Interstate battery with none of these problems.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
you sure your powerlines dont have any failers in them? to close to something hot or sharp that cud cause the line to be exposed and shorting someplace?

just a thought.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
have gone threw this be4 it turned out to be a bad comp that was popin the braker disconnect one comp at a time if it takes 5 in with all 4 comps running be4 the breaker pops start taking one off and see if it still pops if it dosent that tells u the comp u took off is bad as for the reason mine was popin its cause the inside of the comp grounded out it self sent back to viair and installed new one still working perfect how info helps u let us know what the turn out is take care leo

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
i had this problem with some car stereo stuff last week i checked the wire and couldnt see any splits but it kept doing it so i tore it out and replaced it no problem since

1 - 7 of 7 Posts