LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up, I'm having some probs. here. I just replaced my cylinders (took out my leaky Showtimes in favor of some Prohopper comps-I got sick of the puddles on my garage floor). It might not be related but ever since I did that my truck has been lifting slow. Sometimes if I try to hit the switch fast like I used to the motor spins but the truck takes a second before it lifts. Also, the two sides aren't lifting and dropping at the same rate. I've bled all of my hoses, and all 4 batteries tested right at 12V. All batts were replaced in August and I'm running a Streetcharger. My solenoid blocks were replaced in March. My fluid level is fine (about 1" below top of tank) Any ideas as to whats wrong here? Thanks

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Originally posted by LowRange@Oct 25 2003, 08:23 AM
Sometimes if I try to hit the switch fast like I used to the motor spins but the truck takes a second before it lifts. Also, the two sides aren't lifting and dropping at the same rate.
It could be a bad seal in between the bloclk and pumphead.

Does it struggle and make a grinding sound?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Yeah, it sounds like the batteries to me. With the changing of the seasons up here (I'm in New Castle) I'm thinking that your Streetcharger isn't gonna be up to par. Especially with the shorter trips in cold weather. I don't think the Streetcharger is being given enough time to keep your batteries up to par. And besides, your batteries should be testing around 12.75 volts right about now. Check the voltage when the car is running; what does that say?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'll try charging my batts with my series charger for a couple hours, I didnt even think about the fact that I might have drained the batts faster than the Streetcharger would replenish them (If thats the prob I'll feel like a dumbass) :0

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
That could be the problem in the truck lifting slow but, that has nothing to do with it dropping uneven. Check and make sure you cylinders aren't binding up or anything. If you have more weight on one side of the vehicle or you are on uneven ground then that can happen.

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
Dont forget the weather also.....Mine is lifting slower now due to the colder weather. The fluid is more thick since I am using thicker ND30 oil already. I would either add some Hydraulic Oil to thin it out or just live with it. The Thicker oil also means the motors worked harder thus draining the bats quicker too.

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
Originally posted by shorty 2low@Oct 27 2003, 06:51 AM
where they bleed right?
yup ;)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by djtwigsta@Oct 27 2003, 11:20 AM
Dont forget the weather also.....Mine is lifting slower now due to the colder weather. The fluid is more thick since I am using thicker ND30 oil already. I would either add some Hydraulic Oil to thin it out or just live with it. The Thicker oil also means the motors worked harder thus draining the bats quicker too.
Hmmm, I was just in Bean-town last weekend; on my way to Rochester. Anyway, you might want to go with ATF-3 up there. I'm up there quite a bit and it performs better than anything I've ever used during cold weather.

Last edited by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS at Oct 27 2003, 02:22 PM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts