LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what up, i got a 96 chevy 1500 ext. cab long bed. recently i noticed antifreeze on my drive way so i traced it to the block and found i had to replace the gaskets. any ways, i replaced the head gaskets, the intake manifold gasket, and the plenum gasket. well, i found out newer motors are a pain in the fucking ass, their were sensors all over the fucking place that needed removed, and every thing on them is a pain in the ass to get to, well, the leak problem is all fixed, the gasket change went perfect, but i think i have a bad sensor some where. i hooked every single sensor back up, but when i start my truck i have to give it a little gas for it to start, and it smells like it is running too rich, and the whole truck just kinda shakes when it is idling, going down the road its real smooth but when you're just sitting at a light or a stop sign at idle, it shakes, how do you test for a bad sensor, i dunno what to do, im stumped, please help

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do i check to see if its gone bad?

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
maybe this is stupid but did you reset the computer after unhooking all the sensors i dont know if that would cause it or not

·
Registered
989 Posts
maybe a vaccum hose, or disconect the bat cable for a min and that will reset the comp

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^tried that, at first i thought the timing was off so i broke out the timing light but the timing was fine, im pretty sure its gotta be a sensor some where

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Originally posted by 10 sack king@Aug 13 2005, 10:47 PM~3613332
what up, i got a 96 chevy 1500 ext. cab long bed. recently i noticed antifreeze on my drive way so i traced it to the block and found i had to replace the gaskets. any ways, i replaced the head gaskets, the intake manifold gasket, and the plenum gasket. well, i found out newer motors are a pain in the fucking ass, their were sensors all over the fucking place that needed removed, and every thing on them is a pain in the ass to get to, well, the leak problem is all fixed, the gasket change went perfect, but i think i have a bad sensor some where. i hooked every single sensor back up, but when i start my truck i have to give it a little gas for it to start, and it smells like it is running too rich, and the whole truck just kinda shakes when it is idling, going down the road its real smooth but when you're just sitting at a light or a stop sign at idle, it shakes, how do you test for a bad sensor, i dunno what to do, im stumped, please help

I think if it a bad sensor the check engine light would go off.

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
like the previous guy said. all i can think of is having the computer do a relearn. on some makes they say to disconnect and hit the brakes for a min or so to discharge any residual voltage stored by the ecm. dunno if that true or not but worth a try. other than that u may have to get it scaned for codes.
layta

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have a 95 chevy and Mine started doing the same thing after i changed my intake gasket. It would run fine on the highway or street as long as it wasnt at idle it started running rough then it started dying at lights. I decided to fix it myself and changed a bunch of shit under the hood spent alot of money, and nothing. I took it to 4 different shops and nobody could tell me what it was, untill i found one who told me exactly what it was I took it home and fixed it. It was the distributor shaft bearing I think it was like 100 and somthing I cant remember but it would of been nice to of known this before i changed a bunch of expensive sensors. I had to buy the whole shaft but it was worth it. Hope this helps :biggrin:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good lookin :biggrin:, ill hafta check that out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts