LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my old mans truck just clicks...it was havin probs like not startin n shit but now it just makes loud ass clickin noise... i switched da batt and its still clicks so i dont know whas da prob?....starter?

its a 92 dodge dakota V6

tanks

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
It sounds like the starter...
You should hit the starter, myabe its just stuck.
Then try starting it again.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Hows the battery terminal wires looking, They should not be corroded and have nice solid contact to a ground, and to the solenoid. If the wires look solid with clean solid connections, then I suspect the starter.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
try the alternator cuzz thats what was rong with my dads toy,first we thowt it was the starter but it want it and then we tryed the batterie and the batt wasnt charging, so we went to the alternator and that was the hole problem it was doing exacly what your are saying it was like clickclick click and would never roll over and start. but yea try the starter and the alternator ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
its probably just the starter. if not that, then it could be a bad solenoid to get hte power to the starter. when you say click, do you mean its trying to ignite? or just a clicking sound like a pen hitting a desk?

D

·
0 Posts
i had the same thang happen to my ride, just go under that bitch and take the starter off......make sure you disconect the battery 1st homie!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts