LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning I was driving to pick up a car. ( I tow ) and My boss just got a 2006 International flatbed truck. It has air brakes and bags with a DUMP valve. So I was like. " Lets see how fast this bitch fills a 9 gallon tank" So I start dumping and refiling the damn bags and after 3 dumps I only had 80 psi. The truck was ideling and the copressor went on. It refiled the tank from 80 to 145 in less then 2 secs :confused: I mean WTF? How the fuck does that work? How big are those compressors?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
They vary in size, about twice as big as a york. I've been lookin around to see differnet air systems on various size trucks, from semi's to ambulances. I'll let you know, I haven't hooked my York up yet for that reason. :biggrin:

Even if it draws more than a York, but only runs for under 10 seconds, you can'tbeat that. If I find one at a decent size, I will make it work. Everything can be done.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
i belive they are hudge or they wont build huge pressure...cant recall

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I think Air brakes run around 80-115 psi or so, so it's gotta push 200psi. they wouldn't make it to max out on a daily basis. I'm lookin Mark, like I said semi's have 50 gal tanks for air store, but smaller international and freightliner ambulances and what not probably have 12-20 gal. they onlt have 2 axles. I got the hook up, and I'll let you know.

BTW, when you juicin the Caddy and installin the Trunk monkey?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by <<<WhiteTrash@Aug 23 2005, 06:45 PM~3678462
I think Air brakes run around 80-115 psi or so, so it's gotta push 200psi. they wouldn't make it to max out on a daily basis. I'm lookin Mark, like I said semi's have 50 gal tanks for air store, but smaller international and freightliner ambulances and what not probably have 12-20 gal. they onlt have 2 axles. I got the hook up, and I'll let you know.

BTW, when you juicin the Caddy and installin the Trunk monkey?
did you not see the post bout the caddy? it turned out to not be nice at all :angry:

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Relax grass hopper, Good car will come. You'll know when you find it. Like the Regal, start out with something nice and clean. What are you lookin for, I can keep an eye out. I seem to find allot more than the wife will let me buy.. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts