LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help opening a car trunk. On my 63 chevy impala the trunk is locked and i lost my key. i cant go through the back seat. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

· Registered
8,267 Posts
Do u still have a OG lock? If u do, more than likely its wore out so have a friend with same year or similar year impala with og key as well try to and open trunk....it usually works to open and even starts your car. But if u can't get open....next step is up to u... U can pay lock smith to come out and open trunk but I'm sure that will run $50-80. Or u spend like $12 for new tumbler lock from autozone and drill out tumbler and then stick flat tip screw driver to turn and open trunk.

I know this cuz 2 years ago I had to do same thing. Lol.

Good luck bro. Easy fix. Depends how much u want to spend.

· Registered
75 Posts
Just went through this on y 62. Tried a hammer & screw driver on the lock like an idiot. I couldn't fit through the braces behind the seat, but my buddy was skinny enough to get part way through & use a bunch of extensions to undo the lock from the inside, but that's really only helpful if you have unobstructed access to the trunk lock. if you've got subs or your hydros in the way I'd try a drill or locksmith.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.