LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this isnt audio related, but mobile electronics it is, so im puttin it here

does anyone know where i can get custom neon lettering for my trunk?

also, while i find that i plan on puttin a neon bar (i think thats what its called) in my trunk and disabling the original light, i dont wanna run the neon off of the original wiring cause im sure the oem wiring couldnt possibly pass enough current to supply the neon. what im tryin to find out is, whats the best way to wire it so that the light only turns on when the trunk is open?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by OffThaHorseCEO@Aug 15 2005, 11:48 AM~3625757
i know this isnt audio related, but mobile electronics it is, so im puttin it here

does anyone know where i can get custom neon lettering for my trunk?

also, while i find that i plan on puttin a neon bar (i think thats what its called) in my trunk and disabling the original light, i dont wanna run the neon off of the original wiring cause im sure the oem wiring couldnt possibly pass enough current to supply the neon. what im tryin to find out is, whats the best way to wire it so that the light only turns on when the trunk is open?
to find out about the lettering, go to www.google.com

-qs

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tried that, only get store sign lettering, thanks though

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got an idea, is there any kind of switch that requires power to switch on, like you send power to it and it turns to the on position, then when you take the power off it turns back to off, i was gonna say, i can get the proper wiring for the neon light, ground it properly and everything, then run that switch (if it exists) in line with the positive wire, and have the switch powered by the same thing that would have been powering the bulb for oem light.....

damn im a genius, i bet this shit already exists tho huh?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
ground the negative of the neon to a pin switch on the trunk lid.

·
Registered
931 Posts
just get a relay switch and hoock it up to the factory lighte.........thats how my homeboy did his........the factory switch turns on a relay and the relay powers a ac-dc converyter and the converter powers a "welcome to texas" neon signe........simple.....

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool, thanks

now, back to the first topic, where can i get a neon sign made?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts