LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey if you have done this or know how to do this i am reall interested. is it just moving the hinges or what i mean i have to be able to open it and not scratch the quarter panel right? does it still close nicely? will water get in there easily.

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not mine but same model.

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
alls you have to do is move the hindges to one side then put a latch at the other end (for the trunk to open in any direction) Except for your ride youd have to use a shorter hindge on the front and a longer at the rear because its border runs at a angle. If you do it right it will seal the same as before. Because the trunk seal is what prevents water from getting in and youd mount your hindges underneath the rails. feel me?

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Yeah, but what about getting panels to open w/o them hitting? For example, he's going to open this from the side, but there's a big lip where the lock and Pontiac logo is. How do you get it to work so that won't hit or rub the panels next to it when opening and closing?

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
i think itd look better if it opened towards the back :cool:

would you be able to leave the lock there ?

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
it does look like the piece on the trunk would hit when opening sideways , what about angling the hinges some so it opens out as well as sideways..probably look a little nicer also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts