LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that some87 olds cutlass's came with a electric trunk popper does anyone know where i can get one i am wanting to put one on mine let me know thanks

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
you should be able to find one at any junk yard. only one bolt to take it off. when you put it in your car there is a little piece of metal you will need to bend out of the way(on your stock latch). i am pretty sure that all g bodys have the wireing harnes ran from the glove box to under the rear seat already.
you would just have to
unplug the wire that runs from the latch to under the seat(runs inside trunk lid)
and from the button in the glove box to the harness(kind of short).
or you could just say f-it and run your own wire.

hope that helps :cool:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Originally posted by outkastbd82@Jul 20 2003, 01:23 PM
does it only have to be in a cutlass will one out of a regal.caprice or monte work??
pretty much any 80's gm even caddi, which are easier to find.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Originally posted by shorty 2low@Jul 21 2003, 04:20 PM
what should i do if mine dont work when i push the button???
use a test light to check for power at the truck latch while your homie pushes the button. if it has power but still dont work replace it. no power-hook it up(check fuses) :cool:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Originally posted by outkastbd82@Jul 19 2003, 07:55 PM
I have been told that some87 olds cutlass's came with a electric trunk popper does anyone know where i can get one i am wanting to put one on mine let me know thanks
I have one in my 86 Monte Carlo (almost the same cars) but it works when it wants too. Screw a trunk popper!!!! "Dat86MC"

·
Registered
279 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts