LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do people upholster the underside of a trunk lid? Wanting to do it with my car and i'm not really sure how.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I've never done it but I plan to.

This is what I'm planning on doing to mine (to the professional: if there is an easier way let me know).

1) take off the trunk lid
2) make patterns from the lid using cardboard then transferring those to fabric.
3) once everything is sew together attach them with velcro or double sided tape (tape may come off in the heat, I think velcro)

Hope this gives you a starting point.

Later
TC

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
i jut did mine in black crush, 2 words "spray adhesive."
that may not be the correct way to do it, but min holds great even with my subs poundin' the shit out of it.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by tcvaldez@Oct 6 2003, 09:09 PM

This is what I'm planning on doing to mine (to the professional: if there is an easier way let me know).

2) make patterns from the lid using cardboard then transferring those to fabric.
3) once everything is sew together attach them with velcro or double sided tape (tape may come off in the heat, I think velcro)

Later
TC
if you do that make sure you get that hard velcro..i cant think of the exact name but its not like hook and loop...both sides are plastic and its hard shit....i picked up a 16lb bowling ball with 2''s of this on it....its usually found in black

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by enough_talkin+Oct 7 2003, 10:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (enough_talkin @ Oct 7 2003, 10:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--tcvaldez@Oct 6 2003, 09:09 PM

Later
TC
if you do that make sure you get that hard velcro..i cant think of the exact name but its not like hook and loop...both sides are plastic and its hard shit....i picked up a 16lb bowling ball with 2''s of this on it....its usually found in black[/b][/quote]
Where can you get the stuff from?

·
Registered
819 Posts
I bought my strips from Wal-Mart.

You can the difference between this and regular velcro.

Like Stankin stated, it has loops that you can see where as regular velcro looks like material.

I think it says something about extra strength or industrial strength. It's in the fabric dept.

Hope that helps.

Later
TC

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
another thing is that this stuff doesnt bend really...it comes in strips of 2'' wide but you wouldnt need anything that powerful...they have 1'' wide wih adhesive on the back which is pretty damn strong..used to hang the headliners in yachts with them....not fabric headliners btw they were board headliners...check around on the computer...with the info you have here you will know the stuff when you see it

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
HERE IS A PIC OF MY TRUNK, THE LID AND THE SIDES WHERE MY PUMPS ARE MOUNTED. I USED SPRAY ADHEASIVE, WORKS GREAT!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
OOPS THE LAST PIC WAS FOR A DIFF TOPIC...DISREGUARD.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whats the fabric on? like cardboard or something?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by ridenlow71@Oct 8 2003, 10:04 PM
whats the fabric on? like cardboard or something?
ON THE LID, IT'S JUST SCUFFED AND GLUED. AROUND MY PUMPS IT IS THE FACTORY CARDBOARD, I JUST REMOVED THE OLD CARPET AND GLUED THE CRUSH IN IT'S PLACE.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts