LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tryin to 3 wheel my 63 already on fast bags i have slamed my head in the wall tryin to think of something...maybe i am makeing it harder then it really is any help befor i take the body off the frame and start experamenting

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by memories63@Jan 18 2010, 09:32 PM~16332617
tryin to 3 wheel my 63 already on fast bags i have slamed my head in the wall tryin to think of something...maybe i am makeing it harder then it really is any help befor i take the body off the frame and start experamenting
Your from K.C. right??I'm over here in Manhattan.

Let's say your turning Left
-Lock the Drivers rear all the way up
-Drop the passenger side rear all the way down
-Lock the passenger side FRONT all the way up
-Now Keep the Drivers FRONT dropped till you start to turn.Then hit the switch on that corner (driver's front) it's supposed to kinda push it over and kick up a 3.

Purple Haze was telling me about his i think it's a 63 that he did it to.Caught some pretty good air.You might want to talk to him about his set up.
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?showuser=14661

·
Registered
886 Posts
ON AIR

it is easier to lock the whole car up.... and dump the opposite corners.

left turns are easier cause you can still see some what.... right turns are spooky!

for my lefts at about 250 psi.... lock the whole car up... drop the pass rear all the way... then drop the driver front all the way... the care will teeter a bit. pull into the intersection crank the wheel all the way make a hard left..... tap the gas... and watch that corner kiss the sky..... your first time will scare the shit out of you.... so you might want to do it when no body is looking cause all you are going to see is hood..... and alot of it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
na i am from denver and i tryed all that i have had hydros befor so i no how it is done but i dont think my setup is able 3wheel it jus leans and wont get the tire up iam thinkin i need to do some custom work

·
Registered
886 Posts
bagged... the reason i do it this way.... is to use the psi to get the car up as high as possible and get the bags as hard as possible.

i drop the rear corner first because it with the front locked it will (squeeze if you will) the air out of the rear corner. then when you drop the front corner the motor weight will drop the front corner.... so you are using the air to your advantage. while both use psi..... we are at a much lower setting for the most part.

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by SuicidedRegal@Jan 21 2010, 01:40 PM~16364379
Can you still do it with an over the axle set up?
I could not w/ my firestone 2600's in the back.We'll see what the slam 8" does

I've looked into this also..Here's what i came up w/

Universal Air makes a bag called the Power House.It's about the same diameter of a stone 2600 but it get's 13" of total lift.
-Problem is there a banded bag=not very reliable,from what i've heard.That and there's a possibility of having to much "Roll" as in the bag kinda falls over itself when doing Side to Side not good either.This is why i've really been kinda fixed w/ the lower's as a bag mount..Go w/ a bag (slam) thats reliable,get a better ride, and get a hell of allot higher lock up.Again this is just me,i was really thinking about it but passed because of the negative variables.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My friend did his 68 Impala 4dr. this past summer, slambag 8" bags all around. he lifts car all way up, on full tanks, two 5gal, bout 200 psi split 4 ways, drops rt rear corner and sucker stands 3. I couldn't believe it, it was amazing, it shocked the hell outa me.

·
Registered
886 Posts
INTERESTING.... HOW DOES HE HAVE THE BAGS IN THE REAR MOUNTED? I KNOW IT WAS A PAINT TO GET THE 7'S IN THERE..

AND TO FIT 8'S UP FRONT... HE HAD TO CUT THE HELL OUT OF THE FRAME.

DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Originally posted by AIRLECTRA@Jan 21 2010, 09:42 PM~16370774
My friend did his 68 Impala 4dr. this past summer, slambag 8" bags all around. he lifts car all way up, on full tanks, two 5gal, bout 200 psi split 4 ways, drops rt rear corner and sucker stands 3. I couldn't believe it, it was amazing, it shocked the hell outa me.
Post pics. :uh:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Originally posted by SuicidedRegal@Jan 21 2010, 01:40 PM~16364379
Can you still do it with an over the axle set up?
NOT SURE ON THAT ONE. IM ON THE TRAILING ARM.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts