LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
i just put a fuckin 80 amp in there and it blew at like 140 psi.......god dammit now im gettin pissed

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ask your dealer or whoever sold it to you, to try it out in one of there cars, to see if that shit still happens..

if it does ask for a new compressor before u kill it...
if it does not u have a wiring fault...

i would not recomend keep putting in bigger fuses...

a fuse is there for a reason..its suposed to be the weak link in all systems....
if it isn't, any fault will find the next weakest link, (compressor, cable, etc)

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
im gunna try some 4 guage wire and a solenoid and see if this bitch works

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by jjj@Nov 3 2003, 06:13 PM
Ask your dealer or whoever sold it to you, to try it out in one of there cars, to see if that shit still happens..

if it does ask for a new compressor before u kill it...
if it does not u have a wiring fault...

i would not recomend keep putting in bigger fuses...

a fuse is there for a reason..its suposed to be the weak link in all systems....
if it isn't, any fault will find the next weakest link, (compressor, cable, etc)
I'm thinking it's a bad compressor also..

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
wait, you never said anything about the ground wire, how is it hooked up?

a bad connection there will cause a high amp draw also if I'm not mistaken..

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 3 2003, 06:55 PM

well my ground is hooked on to a plate that is bolted into my trunk that was used to ground the very first compressor when i got it back from the shop.........i noticed it is kind of lose and the bolts where it is bolted into are lose and they have like sparks coming off of them

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by jumper+Nov 3 2003, 09:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jumper @ Nov 3 2003, 09:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER@Nov 3 2003, 06:55 PM

well my ground is hooked on to a plate that is bolted into my trunk that was used to ground the very first compressor when i got it back from the shop.........i noticed it is kind of lose and the bolts where it is bolted into are lose and they have like sparks coming off of them[/b][/quote]
bingo, I'd take the bolts out, sand the surfaces that touch (both the plate and the trunk floor) and reinstall and tighten the bolts..

Sparks are never good..

The questionable connection was probably OK for the smaller compressor because it never drew too many amps, but with that big ass Blowjax, it needs a good ground.

Or, remove the plate altogether, Crimp on a correctly sized ring connector, and use one of the bolts that were holding the plate down to attach the wire to the trunk floor..

·
Registered
261 Posts
All earths should be clean ( bare Metal ) for good contact.
they should also be same size wire as supply ( Live )..
If not u generate high resistance in earth..
Sparks are never a good sign..
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Xonair@Nov 3 2003, 09:20 PM
the best thing for you to do is throw that blowjax in the trash and buy a viair or a thomas.
:uh:
sure, if you enjoy having crappy little underpar compressors..

and..... you said thomas :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by jjj@Nov 3 2003, 09:27 PM
man.....i think me and 216 were typing at same time...................
:biggrin:

·
Registered
261 Posts
216 did u learn about electrics the wright way? or the hard ( exspensive ).. way..

i learnt about fuses, relays the hard way....
watched my very first car go up in smoke..sooon learnt.. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
4 years of schooling for aircraft maintenance...
7 years in industrial hydraulics and pneumatics....
4 years in automation engineering..

most of my learning was at others' expense ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 3 2003, 08:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 3 2003, 08:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Xonair@Nov 3 2003, 09:20 PM
the best thing for you to do is throw that blowjax in the trash and buy a viair or a thomas.

and..... you said thomas :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:[/b][/quote]
i dont run a compressor .. but if i did i would only run viair.. i seen blowjaxs burst into flames.. anything from AIM is crap.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Originally posted by Xonair+Nov 3 2003, 08:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xonair @ Nov 3 2003, 08:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 08:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Xonair
@Nov 3 2003, 09:20 PM

and..... you said thomas :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
i dont run a compressor .. but if i did i would only run viair.. i seen blowjaxs burst into flames.. anything from AIM is crap.[/b][/quote]
i had a viar 450 and blew that shit in a few months so i think ill pass

and it took damn near a half fuckin hour just so it will lift my front

21 - 40 of 51 Posts