LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
now I see how AIM stays in business. Did they even give you instructions with that piece? Why don't you call up their customer service number and get some help from them. They must know all about their products.

I have 2 Viair 450's under my Ram. Wired up with relays, fuzes and pressure switches per the instructions. They run flawlessly and the truck lifts and dumps QUICK!

Stick with quality stuff and install it properly and you shouldn't have any problems.

what size tanks are you running?

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Originally posted by lofrontier@Nov 5 2003, 03:24 PM
now I see how AIM stays in business. Did they even give you instructions with that piece? Why don't you call up their customer service number and get some help from them. They must know all about their products.

I have 2 Viair 450's under my Ram. Wired up with relays, fuzes and pressure switches per the instructions. They run flawlessly and the truck lifts and dumps QUICK!

Stick with quality stuff and install it properly and you shouldn't have any problems.

what size tanks are you running?
its a 3 gallon tank

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
I have nothing but love for my old Blowjax..

never had a problem with it, it was quick..

and if you read the posts, I'm sure you will see that the problem lies in the installation of this compressor, not in the compressor itself, due to improper grounding..

Jumper, any progress yet?

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 5 2003, 05:12 PM

and if you read the posts, I'm sure you will see that the problem lies in the installation of this compressor, not in the compressor itself, due to improper grounding..

no not yet........but this weekend ill probably try it

im gunna:
take the plate off and sand the part that is grounded. and the part on the trunk that is grounded

then i am gunna use 4 guage wire, and use the six guage to wire up my switch.

and hook up my solenoid

and well see what happends

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 5 2003, 04:12 PM

Blowjax has nover done me or my boys wrong!! have never seen a prob like that with the 3/4 compressors. My boy has 2 in his civic and they drew a lot of amps but nothin wrong with em mechanically. He has two of the first ones that they sold and has never had any probs with em.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
or you can just use a solenoid to turn it on and off, u can run a smaller wire to the switch. and just use the bigger wire off the solenoid to the comp.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Originally posted by vertex@Nov 8 2003, 05:44 AM
or you can just use a solenoid to turn it on and off, u can run a smaller wire to the switch. and just use the bigger wire off the solenoid to the comp.
how would i hook that up

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by jumper+Nov 8 2003, 07:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jumper @ Nov 8 2003, 07:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--vertex@Nov 8 2003, 05:44 AM
how would i hook that up[/b][/quote]

41 - 51 of 51 Posts