LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
most all resin kits are just a body or a body and floorpan that you use to convert an off the shelf kit to one that wasn't originally offered. In this cas the burban kit probably comes with a body and floor pan and you supply a fullsize chevy kit and use the frame, engine, interior, etc to complete the model.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its says it comes with wheels windows interior, hood doesnt open, ill just buy it anyway. its the only one ive been able to find.. what about a grill?

Last edited by BeerMonkeY at Jan 12 2004, 04:37 PM

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by BeerMonkeY@Jan 12 2004, 03:22 PM
what else does it come with or is that it?
lo frontier is right. You can look it up yourself on the site, but I think mine came with everything except the tires, suspension, and engine, which all can come from the Fullsize truck kits, i'm not sure when's the last time they released those.

real nice model though, $70 bux I think? R&R makes one too, not as good. I see them every once in a while on ebay.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by BeerMonkeY@Jan 12 2004, 04:31 PM
i didnt find anything on e-bay. what is the name of the r&r company, i couldnt find a website for them
R&R is old school, no website and the catalog I have is hand typed. Beanershobbies and Miteymouse both sell his stuff on ebay, search their names and maybe ask them if they have anything.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Jan 12 2004, 05:21 PM
Beanershobbies and Miteymouse both sell his stuff on ebay, search their names and maybe ask them if they have anything.
hit me up if you want "Miteymouses" email, i might have beaners still too. i'd have to check

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Jan 13 2004, 01:20 AM
What's the deal with licensing on Resin car models? I've noticed that quite a few are casted from an original (promo) modelcar.... :)
I think that since resin sales are pretty low compared to plastic, that casters can get away with it.

On a side note, a pretty big caster was making a lot of diorama parts. A couple years back, a plastic company came out with direct ripoffs of his product, mass produced. They figured that a small company wouldn't be able to do anything to stop them. Not only did he have the invoice of the stuff they bought, when he wasn't casting, his regular job was a big time lawyer.

Needless to say, those kits aren't around anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts