LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO IM TRYNA LEAF UP.. STEP 1 LAY OUT THE PATTERN AND GLUE.. STEP 2 WAIT 20 MINS AND LAY LEAFING..STEP 3 BRUSH IT OFF..BUT ASS SOON AS I BRUSH IT OFF IT ALL COME OFF.. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got no pics homie ..when i brush off the loose leaf it all comes off dont know why is there any video of step by step new to this so dont realy kno

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
it might me your glue you need to get slow drying glue and when your brushing it off use a soft brush just to lightly take it off , and also try not waiting so long before you put the leaf on when your glue is ready , good luck homie and maybe you can put some pics of your work :biggrin:

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Id say the glue too.... Ive never done leaf before but it makes sense that the glue didnt get tacky enough to hold theleaf before brushing off. Or your glue might of dried to quick. That sounds more reasonable :dunno:

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
You don't have the tack time right on your size. Sounds like your using a water based size. The oil base has a longer "open" time and you'd probably have better results. (one shot)

This is key to getting a good leaf job and also to be able to turn it properly.

Check out the how to gold leaf video. It breaks this info down for you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx fellas ima try that the glue does look a lil thin tho "watery"
i got it from michales arts and craps... i found a web site to get the stuff from so ima try that... or where can i find better glue instead of on line???

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Originally posted by DIE-HARD-87@May 25 2011, 09:21 AM~20625137
i got it from michales arts and craps... i found a web site to get the stuff from so ima try that... or where can i find better glue instead of on line???
yeah that mona lisa shit is garbage... I use rolco but I hear good things about 1 shot... you might wanna try that route... goodluck homie..

this is the stuff I use..

·
Registered
141 Posts
i use luco size and it takes 40 minutes or longer to apply leaf. do the back knuckle test by slightly gliding a pinky knuckle over it. if its ready it will squeak back at u! go rent gary jensons gold leaf dvd from smartflix and he'll tell you all you need to kno!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by pi4short@May 25 2011, 09:27 AM~20625172
yeah that mona lisa shit is garbage... I use rolco but I hear good things about 1 shot... you might wanna try that route... goodluck homie..

this is the stuff I use..

where can i pick that up??? any local stores??

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

·
Registered
14,363 Posts
Originally posted by DIE-HARD-87@May 25 2011, 11:21 AM~20625137
if you read the directions on the bottle it will work fine.... make sure your not using the sealer, it comes in the exact same bottle almost... use a sponge brush to apply evenly. It applys on milky when dry will have a satin sheen.

when you lay your leafing you got to press it in either by hand or soft brush. i press it in with my finger tips...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts