LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i hit up a couple of dudes in my area on adjustable trailing arms and i'm done trying to get some made now i wonts to learn how to make them myself so any info would be apprciated....

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
lots of shops have them in stock. With the prices of metal, trying to find big ass threaded bolts and machine shop hours to get bushing dimensions right and threaded parts done its WAY cheaper to just buy a set. They are like $100 bare metal or so. I got chrome for $150 a few years ago.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lots of shops have them in stock. With the prices of metal, trying to find big ass threaded bolts and machine shop hours to get bushing dimensions right and threaded parts done its WAY cheaper to just buy a set. They are like $100 bare metal or so. I got chrome for $150 a few years ago.
true i hit up some dudes from around my way that make them but i just got the run around one said a week maybe two and it's been like a month and no answer so i'm done i guess my money wasn't good so now i just wont to make my own it don't look like it would take that long to fab some up i've made molded a arms and and intsalled 5 set ups in cars just never made some i no i can make them fuckit i'm take one of the old trailing arms and go from there on length closed then i'll just add like 5 or 6 inches of all thread to my adjustables i bet i can have some made in one day not no weeks.. but thanks 4 ur guys info...

·
Registered
306 Posts
I paid $350 to have these made a few years ago.

I made these in a few hours for way less. I just picked up some dom tubing and 1" barrell head allen bolts and nuts. I would recomend johny joints if you make extended trailing arms because they destroy bushing fast.

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Nice set.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I paid $350 to have these made a few years ago.

I made these in a few hours for way less. I just picked up some dom tubing and 1" barrell head allen bolts and nuts. I would recomend johny joints if you make extended trailing arms because they destroy bushing fast.

them look nice thanks for the help... by the way what r them parts on the frist pic.. they look like u would put them inside or round tube then weld it up to get the adjustment on the trailing arms but i might b wronge but a stuped ? is the one not asked...

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
simple get some scrap tubing and threaded bolts cut weld drill u have seen em before i dont have to post pics they dont have to look like the rest make ur own
ya i'm make my own fuckit save me some bucks and i got hella homiez that i no if they come out cooo i can sale them some... thanks 4 the info....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Them are the turn buckles with left and right hand threads so you can adjust without taking the trailing arm of the rear end or frame. You can get them at empire for like $175 or so with that style turn buckle. I would go that route. It costs more to build yourself if you do them right then it costs a company that builds them by the hundreds. For what I paid to have the turn buckles made you can buy a complet set of uppers and lowers for. The other set is like what universal lifts sells and I only made one set I didnt like them. They are ok but the turn buckle with left and right hand threads is the way to go. Just check out empire customs. They look good and are tig welded also. Thats always a plus. Well good luck with you journey.

·
Registered
19,888 Posts
joey if you build a set of those adjustable trailing arms for lower rears on 80s caddys hit me up,i got a car that can definitely test em well ;)

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
true i hit up some dudes from around my way that make them but i just got the run around one said a week maybe two and it's been like a month and no answer so i'm done i guess my money wasn't good so now i just wont to make my own it don't look like it would take that long to fab some up i've made molded a arms and and intsalled 5 set ups in cars just never made some i no i can make them fuckit i'm take one of the old trailing arms and go from there on length closed then i'll just add like 5 or 6 inches of all thread to my adjustables i bet i can have some made in one day not no weeks.. but thanks 4 ur guys info...
IF U WALK INTO A MACHINE SHOP WITHOUT SOME TYPE OF BLUEPRINT THEY PROBABLY AIN'T GONNA DO SHIT TO HELP U. AND HONESTLY THEM TELLING YOU IT WOULD TAKE 2 WEEKS IS JUST THEIR WAY OF SAYING "GET THE FUCK OUT AND DON'T COME BACK".

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
joey if you build a set of those adjustable trailing arms for lower rears on 80s caddys hit me up,i got a car that can definitely test em well ;)
cooooo i'll let u n0 bro

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just want to say building suspension parts for cars or anything for that matter carries a lot of risk with it. Just dont half ass it!

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
where would you get a threader (a die) that big i thought about the threading tool they use for pipe such as water lines for condos and threading a solid peice of round stock? any suggestions

1 - 18 of 18 Posts