LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 2 thin hard Plastic tubing lines that come out of my firewall near the Heater core. They both have a rubber end on them and they are just sitting there not connected. One is like light pink color and the other is a light gray color. Do any of you guys know what these are for and where they connect? I also have one of those black round plastic vacuum chambers in the engine compartment that isn't connected. It has 2 ports on it. One is bigger than the other. Where does this tie into the vacuum routing? :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
I remember I tried to post pics of the vacum routing on my v6 le sabre...did that ever help you at all?

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by Unity_Jon@Jan 9 2004, 06:23 AM
arent the grey and pink tubes somethign to do with the aircon ?

Do you still have working aircon in your ride ?
if you have a base model the the vac lines will be caped...id bet they are for the delux heating and air controls which are run by vacuum instead of cables

·
Registered
382 Posts
also that round thing should be a vaccum booster "sometimes used for cruise"

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Dylante63@Jan 9 2004, 12:24 AM
I remember I tried to post pics of the vacum routing on my v6 le sabre...did that ever help you at all?
You know Dylante63 I forgot to thank you for that. Thanks! I ran the all vacuum tubes but not to the ball and just ran vacuum to the cruise control thing on the inside fender and it worked but probably not how it is supposed to. And my car is a limited and was pretty much equipped with all the acc. It even has the 4.1 liter v6 with stock 4 brrl carb. so I know they connect to something. I also noticed a valve on one of the heater hoses close to the firewall that looks as if a vacuum line goes to it. Does this connect to one of the lines? I know one of you guys who has a 80's G body that came from an old lady can answer me.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
will have a look tonight when i get home and take a pic...

not sure if it will be any use, maybe give us all a laugh or something ?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Unity_Jon@Jan 15 2004, 05:09 AM
will have a look tonight when i get home and take a pic...

not sure if it will be any use, maybe give us all a laugh or something ?
Something is better than nothing. :)

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
hey man, its cold as hell up north right now, but I will try and make it out to my shop tomorrow or this weekend and help you figure it out

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
D'oh i forgot to take the pic :twak: sorry.

but if you look at this one are you talking about the small tube that you can just see at the begining of the intake ?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Unity_Jon@Jan 16 2004, 02:03 AM
D'oh i forgot to take the pic :twak: sorry.

but if you look at this one are you talking about the small tube that you can just see at the begining of the intake ?

Yes that looks like one of them. Hey Torx what about you? Does your Regal have these lines?

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
my first car was a grand prix with a 4.1 4 bbl. i thought i was the only person in the world that had one of those!

i miss that car!!!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I haven't seen to many of them either.. My homie just bought a clean 82 Regal and I found out where the hoses go now. So for reference if anyone ever needs to run these. The gray line goes to the valve on the heater hose and the red goes to the vacuum ball. And the other port on the vacuum ball goes to a vacuum X where 3 other hoses also connect. One of those hoses goes to the rear of the carb. Thanks for all your help. :cool:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
was there any noticable difference in performance, gas mileage, heater, or anything?

Last edited by Torx at Jan 27 2004, 03:57 AM

1 - 20 of 22 Posts