LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my 85 cutlass with a jensen indash tv home from getting some food and i hit a small pot hole. Trust me i hit worse. Anyway my radio cut off and power antenna went down. I thought it would just be a small problem but every other electrical item works. Now the tv doesn't go down and it will try to cut on and cuts back off every 10 seconds. IT feels like its trying to cut off but theres something thats preventing it from getting any power. Any tips?

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
check the antena wire and check ur wires

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked everything for like an hour. ITs wierd though. If i dissconnect the black wire, it will sill try to cut on and off. I know that the cig lighter and radio run on the same fuse. the cig lighter still works fine. i dont know whats wrong.

·
Registered
413 Posts
a digital multimeter is your friend, use it. Make sure everything is reading the correct voltage. If you think the stereo is messed up, take the stuff out and bench test it. GL

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
i would say take everything off and check the wire or if u have a power inverter that converts 110 to 12v u can always check it there.

when i got my cd player i hooked up the power inverter to it and released the stuck cd and then made sure everything powered on. and i installed it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts