LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many people have TV tuners w/ their system. I have the usual Playstation/DVD, but watch'n DVD's can get old on long trips. My g/f wants to watch local TV, plus it'd be nice at shows to catch the game or weather on the way to a show on a long drive. I was gonna get one for christmas...whats the feedback? How many of you actually have them? :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have one and checked into the stations I could get at our local shop. I don't know about the truth in what he said, but he told me I was too far away from a large metropolis area to pick anything up. (He said the tv channels were broadcasted from Seattle and I live about 100 miles west of there)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have a tuner in my car. Truth is they suck. Picture is good when you are still but flickers when you drive. I'm gonna try to get an amplified antenna to fix the problem but don't know how good that would work.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dAMN. See thats what Ive heard from some other people and was afraid of. Let me know how the antenna works out. I have an existing cellphone antenna that I dont use anymore that is still hookedup through coaxil...I was thinking of run'n it through that...dont know if it will work :confused: :dunno:

·
Registered
58 Posts
[link]http://www.rvmailorder.com/satellite_systems.htm[/link]
Thats the shit my dad was lookin at gettin. He drives cemi truck.
You have to be prretty hardcore to want somethin like that though. heh. Kindof pricey. It's not local TV.. Gotta love satelite. = )

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
i've looked into one, just not abotu to spend the $$ to get it done correctly... my buddy who owns a local shop has one in his car and he gets about 10 channels, crystal clear, when he's driving or sitting still. the key is having a good antenna not so much what brand tv tuner you have, his setup just for the tv tuner ran about $500

1 - 8 of 8 Posts