LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was up ridas,well i'm lookin at purchasing some tv's for my truck.

i plan on using one 10 inch flip down for the back and 2 screens in the visors up front.
or 4 screens ,2 inthe head rest and 2 in the visor.

i'm thinkin about runing a split so i can keep the stock radio for now at least.

whats the price range for the 4 screens,dvd player and all the accesories to hook it up???

would it be better to run a flip down in the back,rather than the screens in the head rest???

would it be better to buy it all at once,or can i buy the screens first then the dvd player etc???

any info will help,thanks for your time.

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
i'd say, buy everything at once and then have it installed. a tv isnt good without a dvd/vrc player... :biggrin: :dunno:
tv's in the visors are moreless pointless since the driver isnt going to have the visor down and watch tv at the same time while driving, same goes with the passenger. its also illegal to have tv's in the front. it'll distract the driver from driving correctly. buw how many poeple get cited for that, not very many.
i was thinking of getting an indash 7" tv. that would be better than tv's n the visors.. imo
since i have the 11" in the back, i dont need the 2 tvs in the headrest. most of the time they are usually for show, imo.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think what your doin is overkill but to each their own. I bought a few 7.5" LCD's off of ebay (no housing or anything came with them) for $50/each shipped. One is in the dash like this.

I'm still debating as to where to put the rest. The DVD player I got for $49 at walmart. It's the cheap Apex one they have there. The reason I got it was becuase it plays ALLLLLLL kinds of shit. mp3's, VCD's, Mpegs (burnt videos onto cd from my pc). Gifs, Jpegs, a shitload of image formats.. and yeah. DVd's. heh. It's a pretty small unit but I had to tear it out of the case it was in, skrew with some welds and mounts but now it's setup in a new shell in the glove box. It's mounted high in the glove box so you reeealy can't see it unless you click the 'eject' button on the remote. The only problem with it is if your not actualy playing whats in the dvd player it can get lost off the tray (track) and get stuck in there. it's not meant for cars. Anyway. I picked up a small 400watt (I think?) inverter for $20 and mounted it to the inside of the firewall. (need it for the playstation I havn't hooked up anyway)..

It's ALL hooked up to a $50 jensen cd player (I know. it's getting replaced soon). .. Those are my prefrences.

I've got 'bout $250 hooked up in electronics in my car... pretty cheap. but your probably gunna touch the 4 digit range with your costs.

Last edited by liquid at Nov 20 2003, 06:14 AM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts