LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i dont like tweed for the way it looks.....its not itchy, and its cheap

main reason people use it is because it can contour things easily...i dont really care though i contour vinyl just as well....

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey eough talkin, yea dats one of the main reasons i like tweed cus u could contour things easy, but i didnt know u could do dat wit vinyl? u got any pics of that?

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
not my style but its what the guy wanted......the lip of the dash looks funny in this pic for some reason but i think its just the angle its viewed from...i cut at nearly a 90 degree angle sloping towards that lip so it would rise out slowly but it looks drastic in the pic :angry:

so much armorall on this dash :angry: it was a pain in the ass to wrap...had to sand down with 80 grit just so the glue could bite something...multiple cleaning with wax remover and it still didnt bite good

[attachmentid=257833]

Attachments

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
there are other fabrics that stretch well besides tweed.....look for things with 4 way stretch...they make some vinyls in 4 way stretch just for doing contours...a little bit of searching and you should find something you like if you dont actually want tweed...tweed is good if used properly though....and when i said cheap above i meant cheap as in price....it lasts pretty decent

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Originally posted by g-body@Aug 26 2005, 08:50 PM~3700857
THANKS HOMIE, AND I THINK ITS NOT THAT EXPENSIVE 2, I MIGHT GO WIT TWEED . HEY CRAZY DID U LET THE CUTTY GO YET?

it didnt sell on ebay. if someone had close to what i wanted for it, it wouldve sold.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by tufly@Aug 29 2005, 06:18 PM~3714965
enough talkin do u go to wyotech in blairsville
havent been at that place for a while.....i hated pa...i left after 6 weeks i believe...so fucking cold and i had just juiced the lac in january and couldnt work on it.....once i got back to va i cleaned that shit up the very next day lol

it was still in the negatives when i left

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.