LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the best way to fix a twisted frame... its twisted towards the front before it connects to one peice... its twisted on both sides and now my drive shaft rubs.. how can i fix this

·
Registered
605 Posts
Why do people think that wrapped canadian x-frames look worse compared to wrapped USA X-frames. Anyone got pics of both?

I am getting my canadian wrapped this winter and have the chance to get a USA frame for cheap. I'm debating getting the USA frame wrapped if it will look better.

any help on this?

chris

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
Originally posted by WashPaChris 64@Aug 7 2003, 03:42 PM
Why do people think that wrapped canadian x-frames look worse compared to wrapped USA X-frames. Anyone got pics of both?

I am getting my canadian wrapped this winter and have the chance to get a USA frame for cheap. I'm debating getting the USA frame wrapped if it will look better.

any help on this?

chris
its easier to lay the plates on the US frames. The canadian frames have a weird rounded edge on the bottoms of the X. Hard to get a plate to conform to this whereas on the US frames you can cut a flat plate and it lays flush

·
Registered
343 Posts
when a US frame is wrapped properly it will be just as strong as a canadian frame wrapped. it is when theyare not wrapped that the canadian frame is stronger, but still not strong enough, so i would just stick to the US frame and wrap it with 1/4 and forget about it

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
A CANADIAN FRAME LOOKS BETTER THAN A US ONE, ATLEAST THATS MY PERSONAL OPINION!

AFTER A WRAP IT DONT REALLY MATTER STRENGHT WISE.
THE CANADIAN IS ALOT MORE BULKY AND GOT ROUNDER CORNERS EVERYWHERE, THE US FRAME ARE MORE OF A STRAIGHT BOX TYPE OF FRAME WITH THE REAR ARCHES IN C-CHANNEL, THE CANADIAN ARE BOXED ALL THE WAY...

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix@Aug 19 2003, 07:47 PM
how can u tell the differance between candian and us frames????
THE EASYEST WAY IS TO CHECK THE REAR ARCHES THAT GOES BETWEEN THE REAR HUMPS AND THE REAR BUMPER, IF THOSE ARE BOXED (HAS 4 SIDES) IT`S A CANADIAN.

IF IT`S C-CHANNEL (3 SIDES) IT`S A US FRAME.

Last edited by badass 64 at Aug 20 2003, 08:00 PM

·
Registered
535 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Aug 21 2003, 02:32 AM
nope, doesnt say that, maybe my car got frame swapped somewhere along the way
I doubt it. And I have said this before, there is no such thing as a 'Canadian' frame. There were at least 3 different suppliers of frames back in the day. Each company made them differently. Some were boxed completely others were c channels. There are plenty of US built cars with original boxed frames as well as Canadian built cars with c channel frames. The boxed frames for some reason seem to be more common on 4 doors and wagons. But you can find them under any car regarless of where it was built. The exception are convertibles. There were never any boxed convertible frames made. So can we now start refering them as boxed frames instead of Canadian.

·
Registered
605 Posts
That, I did not know.

Man... That's the reason I subscribe to forums on line. Every once in a while someone drops very useful knowledge like that.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
So is a 64 box frame (rolling chassy) worth 350 or should I just wrapp mine (non0boxed) just wondering?

·
Registered
605 Posts
I think that if you are going to do anything more than FBSS, you'd better wrap it regardless of the type of frame you have.

I have the BOXED factory frame, and taking the advice I've gotten from people on this forum, I am not going to do any hopping or 3 wheeling anymore until I wrap my frame this winter.

chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts