LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. heres the thing. imma be makin some custom parts in my metal shop class at skoo an i need to know how much its gonna cost. imma make a 20" square twisted fork wit support arms, square twisted handle bars, square twisted petals, sissy bar also square twisted, and a square twist steering wheel, kinda like the ones in the pics.

imma make my fork either similar to the first pic or imma do somthin different an mekae support bars like kings wish. my handle bars and sissy bar are gonna be like the 2nd pic. does anyone have a rough estimate they can give me. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
It depends how fucked up the metal is. If it looks like sandpaper, then they have to grind it down till its smooth and that means $$$. If its nice clean metal and the welds (if any) are the same then they wont charge you as much. The price depends on the plater casue they can charge you as much as the want. My friend has some stuff he wanted plated and he went to 3 different places. They all told him different prices. One thing I noticed is if a plater doesnt have any work, they wont charge as much. If they are busy for some reason they feel that they can charge more.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well if theres anybody on here that can do this holla at me. some people just told me to wire wheel it to chrome butt it will look scratched up. so imma leave it raw or should i wire wheel it? anymore info is needed and would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
Honestly, the best thing to do is to just take it to a plater and they will tell you there. Anyone here can say, its going to be this much or whatever but the guy charging you is the plater. Look up plating in your phonebook and go out there and check out 3 places if at all possable so you can compare prices. If I go somewhere and they want too much then I go somewhere else. Also dont forget to ask how long its going to take to get your stuff back. I wont let someone tell me, "We'll let you know when its done". Go in there and tell them you need it in atleast a month.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
worst case senario, you can always send it up to me and I can take care of it. Just need some pics of the parts to get you an estimate before you send them

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
your best bet is to get your phone book look for plating, or go to a body shop and ask where they have it done

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by lil deville@Aug 28 2005, 12:24 PM~3707733
worst case senario, you can always send it up to me and I can take care of it. Just need some pics of the parts to get you an estimate before you send them
i got 3 items right now, i got handlebars and sissybar like the top pic and square twisted fork a little different than the green bike but mine has support bars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts