LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best type of material to use for making u bars?

What type of material should i use so that i will be able to solder a stabilizer bar to the top to avoid the axle wobbling around?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just wondering because i am building my first styrene hopper chassis and i just tried to solder a piece of metal coat hanger which is my u bar and it wouldnt solder to it?

Is there a special type of material i need to us to get them to connect to each other to use as a stabilizer bar?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
you know, i've tried soldering brass before using just normal solder and iron and had no luck at all with that. im not sure if there is something special you gotta use or do for it. :dunno:

sorry i cant be much help here but im trying ;) lol

i'm building my frist actual hopper/dancer chassis and just went with T slidders on it :biggrin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you make T-sliders? Maybe i will just make t sliders if they are easy to make or what not.

But is there anyway you could post a picture or diagram up?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Oct 5 2003, 06:31 PM
you know, i've tried soldering brass before using just normal solder and iron and had no luck at all with that. im not sure if there is something special you gotta use or do for it. :dunno:

sorry i cant be much help here but im trying ;) lol

i'm building my frist actual hopper/dancer chassis and just went with T slidders on it :biggrin:
To solder to meatel you need meatel solder.

-twin

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by osolowimpala@Oct 5 2003, 04:19 PM
How did you make T-sliders? Maybe i will just make t sliders if they are easy to make or what not.

But is there anyway you could post a picture or diagram up?
they're around 6-7 bucks at the hobby shop. sliders, guides and axles all together ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
I use Brass Rod, copper is nice, but seems wreaker.... atleast to me is does. T-sliders are great, unless you do a "spider leg" for a dancer setup....

·
Registered
895 Posts
if u glue the hood down then the tslider wont come all the up and the front wont lay. thats the prob with the hh dancer.

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
I used to use weldingwire but I'm totally converted to brass since it solders very easy. Get a medium soldering iron and solder where you can fix up larger items with like candleholders and stuff..just ask the guy at the store that you want to solder rods.
I also use the acid stuff..but be very carfull with it just put on a little bit and after you soldered wash it with water and soap. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts