LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does a wheel get loose from the adapter + knock off the right k/o's are used on the right side

like lefts on left
rights on right

i let my brothersb uddy borrow my car and bout 6 hrs after he took it he was drivin notcied the rear wheel was wobbling....

how the hell does that happen was he doin some stupid shit
or was it an install issue
but just last week i took it on the free way goin like 100 km/h with NO problems
for bout 60 minutes

anyone know?

·
18,283 Posts
Always give your ko's a couple hits with your hammer to make sure they are on tight every time you drive your car.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, im gonna have to start doing that

and now he tired to tighten it but it wasnt moving

now hes saying the k/o is crossthreaded

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
probably just weren't hit on tight enough the first time, ive rode on spokes everyday for over a year no problems, took the ride on 2 hours drives, and 3 hour drives out of town with no problems at all. Just get them tight and check them every once in a while

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by AZLincolnFan@Oct 1 2007, 01:45 PM~8908503
Red adapters on the right side
white adapters on the left side
always tighten toward the Rear...
yeah i know that thats how it is...but i donno hwo the fuck buddy says its cross threaded

·
Registered
638 Posts
lift the car, then try to tighten
I've been rollin k-offs for 2 yrs now and no problems even in winter, doin massive burnouts in the snow and i never had any problems other than all 100 spokes getting loose on one wheel. I rarely check for tightness.

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Sep 29 2007, 04:50 PM~8895817
Always give your ko's a couple hits with your hammer to make sure they are on tight every time you drive your car.
:uh: man i would rather roll bolt-on's than have to check them everytime i drive the car. That's just rediculous. I can't imagine how tore up the knockoffs/tool/and hammer would get from doing that. Tighten them one good time, roll for about 20 miles, then re-check and you should be good to roll until you take the wheel off again.

·
Man on a mission
54,030 Posts
Originally posted by Skim@Oct 1 2007, 12:46 PM~8908512
sounds like a China issue  :0
its been know to happen .....r.eplace the k/o and adapter .....problem fixed

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
turns out who ever installed em did it wrong or some how all the threads on the k/o got stripped.. by stripped i mean the adapter had brass on it

and so now im gonna put bullet k/o's i picked up form a buddy for 20$ on the rear :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts