·
Registered
3,540 Posts
just make sure you double nut them.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
i wanna use these bad mothers.

"Massive 1/4" thick chrome moly housing machined to exacting tolerances then heat treated for durability. Ball is made from heat treated chrome moly and finish ground to exacting tolerances. The taper is the large Chrysler truck (the biggest in the trucks) . The threads are rolled on for maximum strength complete with a high strength castle nut and cotter pin. A machined Delrin bushing that can be shimmed for longer life buts up against a nicely finished steel top and the whole assembly is protected by a simple rubber boot. Cone ball joints have a full 90 degrees of angularity."

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Nov 16 2008, 08:52 PM~12174074

"Massive 1/4" thick chrome moly housing machined to exacting tolerances then heat treated for durability. Ball is made from heat treated chrome moly and finish ground to exacting tolerances. The taper is the large Chrysler truck (the biggest in the trucks) . The threads are rolled on for maximum strength complete with a  high strength castle nut and cotter pin. A machined Delrin bushing that can be shimmed for longer life buts up against a nicely finished steel top and the whole assembly is protected by a simple rubber boot. Cone ball joints have a full 90 degrees of angularity."
Show off.

What brand are those? Do you know what the degree of taper is?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Nov 16 2008, 07:52 PM~12174074

"Massive 1/4" thick chrome moly housing machined to exacting tolerances then heat treated for durability. Ball is made from heat treated chrome moly and finish ground to exacting tolerances. The taper is the large Chrysler truck (the biggest in the trucks) . The threads are rolled on for maximum strength complete with a  high strength castle nut and cotter pin. A machined Delrin bushing that can be shimmed for longer life buts up against a nicely finished steel top and the whole assembly is protected by a simple rubber boot. Cone ball joints have a full 90 degrees of angularity."

yes those do look nice

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Nov 16 2008, 02:37 PM~12172107
Yes, they work just like a balljoint is supposed to.

lol well they do have a stonger socket to keep the balljoint from ripping out. but u can get these from napa for cheaper than a shop sells them.....

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by OUTHOPU@Nov 16 2008, 08:57 PM~12174729
Show off.

What brand are those? Do you know what the degree of taper is?
its an autofab thing :biggrin: $385.00 apiece

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Damn thats a lot of cash. For that price I could rebuild my whole front end including a new rim or 2.

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by OUTHOPU@Nov 18 2008, 09:55 PM~12196496
Damn thats a lot of cash. For that price I could rebuild my whole front end including a new rim or 2.
x2 I spent that much on upper and lower unbreakables, 8 grade 8 nuts, all new bushings, and entire front suspension recently including chrome. They do look nice though :cool:

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Nov 16 2008, 01:37 PM~12172107
Yes, they work just like a balljoint is supposed to.
x2 but there still breakable..........

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
i have 3 1/2 yrs on my original set of unbreakables from showtime. gone thru 3 sets of a arms lol

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
i always put them in hoppers i have seen them bend big time on serious hoppers and also seen them break so they arnt unbreakable but they are stronger than the stock 1s but as a comparison i put std replacement ball joints in our truck hopper along with street cylinders to see if they would last and so far they are fine

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by OUTHOPU@Nov 18 2008, 09:55 PM~12196496
yea but if you wanna be a baller and make a wicked set up. im thinking some tube arms and these and it would have made lock up because nothing would bind. just need the lowers thow.

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Nov 19 2008, 01:43 PM~12201378
yea but if you wanna be a baller and make a wicked set up. im thinking some tube arms and these and it would have made lock up because nothing would bind. just need the lowers thow.
Dreams are free at least. :biggrin:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Nov 19 2008, 11:43 AM~12201378
:nosad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts