LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** WHat the hell is that green shit all over it?????? If the body was smooth .. You dont need to D/A the whole thing.......You can use them scuff pads by 3M ...... Use the D/A to feather out some edges that have paint chips ,ECT....When you d/a the panels you will leave a series of groves where the sand paper cuts thru.... You wiol have to for sure dump some high build primer to get rid of those low spots that were created ...... Dont worry man, We can help you here ......
** First thing you should do is -- throw that grill assembly AWAY.... Replace it with a OLDS Bravada or a newer one.... The new style one --from a 97 or so....... Do you need a lowering kit for it.???? I have a buddy right now who has like 4/5 or a 5/6 drop kit that he is pulling out to do a 4 pump dancer instead.....LMK I live here in Mn...YOu ever hear of Advanced Auto Accessories????

What grit of sand paper are you using??? If there is no body work to be done you can use 320 ... If you have to get down a little farther I would suggest using 220 .... You only need to get down to metal where ther might be some rust & where your bondo will sit......thats a newer truck so i cant see rust being underneath the factory paint.....Unless there is chips - then you feather them out...Remember ------- you dont have to take it to bare metal unless there is rust ....... Just scuff the topcoat good & shoot paint over that ...... Check out some of the cars i painted under The post your rides section....... I can help you with some tricks or so ......BEWARE tho -- I suck at painting ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
You got the equipment to paint that beast? Or you bringin it in to get painted? Did you realy need to scratch it up that bad? Whats that green stuff on the door? heh. crazy. Hope things turn out for ya.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
street sweepaz yes the is alot of body work to be done on that door anlot of bondo'n to do and the green shit is to keep the metal from rusting.

liquid yes i have the stuff to paint it and i dont want to take it in to get painted unless i fuck some thing up

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i picked this gun up today and havent gotten a chance to use it. is it a dececent gun? im thinking it woill be fine for primer

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
What type of gun is it. I recommend harbor freight, Central Pneumatic guns. They are cheap and are made the same factory the expensive guns are made. You could use that gun for primer probably. But usually them hvlp gravity feed guns are for actual painting. Looks good, Chris

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I dont wanna burst ur bubble or anything like that but there are a few things to know about shaping bondo and block sanding so you dont get waves and stuff like that when the car is painted. It aint a must to know these things but it makes it a hella alot easier. Sup to you if you wanna read this shit. Im just trying to help out a little. http://hotrodders.com/kb/body-exterior/art...c_bodywork.html

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/tech/arti...s/sanding1.html

If ya got any problems or questions just ask. Have a good 1 :thumbsup: :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey man thanks for the input. im not worried about bondo wavse cause im not going to use enofe to get waves any that needs alot of bondo is being replaced

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Originally posted by ryans97s10@Nov 22 2003, 12:11 AM
ok i picked this gun up today and havent gotten a chance to use it. is it a dececent gun? im thinking it woill be fine for primer
what gun is that??????? and how much did you pay?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts