LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
GT Colorado
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9 times out of 10 when I dump my front and probably half the time I raise the front of my car the right side is slower to go up and faster to go down. I've tried putting a straight fitting at the dump and it didn't help any, anyone have any suggestions? Car is 3 pump but only one to the front(two dumps) only one switch to the front too. Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
hard to say , what kinda of dumps, mybe one is bad, could be mix matched check valves to where one lets less flow or a bent cylinder or bad coil.

We might need more info and some pics, was it working alright be fore?

·
GT Colorado
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I don't know for sure I just lifted the car like 2 months ago. New black magic chrome cylinders, new parker checks, the dumps are just standard italian style but they were not new, the coils are 4.5ton BBC cut exactly in half, probably not a pumphead issue but that's a new #9marz.it always happens when I lift it, the left side locks up then I hit the switch again and the right side will go up another 3 inches about. ..just makes driving a pain in the ass cuz the car will pull hard when I hit the front switch up or down

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yeah I don't know for sure I just lifted the car like 2 months ago. New black magic chrome cylinders, new parker checks, the dumps are just standard italian style but they were not new, the coils are 4.5ton BBC cut exactly in half, probably not a pumphead issue but that's a new #9marz.it always happens when I lift it, the left side locks up then I hit the switch again and the right side will go up another 3 inches about. ..just makes driving a pain in the ass cuz the car will pull hard when I hit the front switch up or down
is the coil or the cup hittin anything..(frame)..on my T.C..I have bbc 4.5 with one turn cut off..my cup and coil was hittin the frame..sometimes the coil doesn't sit straight..it caused by the cut..they made for the cylinders..that WAS my problem...if thats not the problem then....:dunno:

·
hartbraker
412 Posts
have u bled the air out of your system

·
Registered
472 Posts
have u bled the air out of your system
2x it sounds like you need to bleed ur line bro, lock ur front loosen ur fitting 4rm the cyclinder until it drops then tighten itfill ur tank if needed tehn lock it back up and do the other side hope that help

·
GT Colorado
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually had to have the fitting replaced on that hose at the cylinder end two weeks ago and bled them when I did that, same shit though.. ill try switching the hoses when I get time to see if that tells me anything, how can I check if the cylinder has a slight bend? Holding a straight edge against it??? I really don't know..

·
-394 CUSTOMS-
8,553 Posts
its probably that the rear of the car isnt completely level. if one side is a bit lower in the rear then that side on the front will lift/drop improperly.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
9 times out of 10 when I dump my front and probably half the time I raise the front of my car the right side is slower to go up and faster to go down. I've tried putting a straight fitting at the dump and it didn't help any, anyone have any suggestions? Car is 3 pump but only one to the front(two dumps) only one switch to the front too. Thanks guys
I am currently having the same issue on a 65 Impala I just replaced the cylinders since theygot bent for not having bolts. The passenger side lifts slower. I think it's the check valve since i notice a weaker pressure of oil when I was bleeding the hoses. Also the owner says that side would drop over a few days. So I think the check valves is cloged or bad and not letting the oil pass. I am going to switch hoses on the pump and see if the driver side slowes down. I will post results later tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
U know what it can't be the check valve that would delay the lifting but not the dumping. I think It's the dump. I will post results later. Good luck on yours.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
go for the obvious first, is the side that is slower to lift and quicker to drop heavier, is it the side with the engine battery ?? ;O)

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I am currently having the same issue on a 65 Impala I just replaced the cylinders since theygot bent for not having bolts. The passenger side lifts slower. I think it's the check valve since i notice a weaker pressure of oil when I was bleeding the hoses. Also the owner says that side would drop over a few days. So I think the check valves is cloged or bad and not letting the oil pass. I am going to switch hoses on the pump and see if the driver side slowes down. I will post results later tomorrow.
could be a weak coil. one will compress when lifting and that will delay lifting, and when lowering the coil that is good will fall first because the other is too compressed to react the same.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.