LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHATS THE BEST WAY TO REMOVE THE UPPER A ARM ON A 64? DO I NEED TO REMOVE THE STEERING SHAFT OR IS THERE A EASYIER WAY?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by sgtwolfhound@Jan 20 2009, 08:23 PM~12764903
WHATS THE BEST WAY TO REMOVE THE UPPER A ARM ON A 64? DO I NEED TO REMOVE THE STEERING SHAFT OR IS THERE A EASYIER WAY?

just unbolt it by the 2 bolts holding it onto the towers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 20 2009, 10:27 PM~12764938
just unbolt it by the 2 bolts holding it onto the towers
DRIVERSIDE HAS THE STEERING SHAFT IN THE WAY, PASSENGER SIDE TO EASY. DO I NEED TO REMOVE THE STEERING SHAFT.
 

·
409
Joined
·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by sgtwolfhound@Jan 20 2009, 06:35 PM~12765040
DRIVERSIDE HAS THE STEERING SHAFT IN THE WAY, PASSENGER SIDE TO EASY. DO I NEED TO REMOVE THE STEERING SHAFT.
No.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by sgtwolfhound@Jan 20 2009, 08:45 PM~12765169
SO WHATS THE EASYIEST WAY

u got a pic.... we didnt have any issues when we did a 63 and 64...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
Man i think i had to unbolt my steering shaft too when i removed my a arms . I tried not to and couldnt do it
 

·
GetDwn
Joined
·
1,503 Posts
Originally posted by OVERTIME@Jan 20 2009, 08:36 PM~12765775
Man i think i had to unbolt my steering shaft too when i removed my a arms . I tried not to and couldnt do it

i did it with the 63
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
WELL I'LL BE TRYING AGAIN SO I CAN PUT MY CHROME UPPERS ON NOW SO I HOPE I DONT HAVE TO REMOVE IT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Originally posted by sgtwolfhound@Jan 20 2009, 07:23 PM~12764903
WHATS THE BEST WAY TO REMOVE THE UPPER A ARM ON A 64? DO I NEED TO REMOVE THE STEERING SHAFT OR IS THERE A EASYIER WAY?
Put the nut back on a little bit and tap them out with a hammer. If you do not want to take the steering shaft off. ;) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Originally posted by hardline90@Jan 20 2009, 09:30 PM~12766553
Put the nut back on a little bit and tap them out with a hammer. If you do not want to take the steering shaft off. ;)  ;)
The studs I mean.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,433 Posts
even if you have to remove it, the steering shaft is easy to take out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,526 Posts
hold the nut with a wrench and turn the bolt with an impact if not with a wratchet thats how i do them all the time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,787 Posts
after you take the 2 nuts off that hold the back shaft of the A-arm onto the ears on the frame thread the nuts back on until the back edge of the nut is flush with the end of the stud that it screws on and hit it a few times w/ a hammer and it will knock the stud right out and you can do it just like the passenger side at that point. and then when you put it back together just tighten the 2 nuts up good and tight and it will pull the studs back in where they belong.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top