LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the last couple of months ive came across a few topics on upper and lower tailing arms. and it seems that theirs some really good advice on the boards i must add. but my question is. in your opinion is it better to go with the pre fab upper and lower t a (trailing arms) or just go ahead and have a hydraulic shop make you some custom one offs for your ride? this is how i feel, pro hopper has a deal right now for $325.00 plus tax for the upper and lower t a right. but ive called a few local shops here in the L.A. area and the price they gave me for custom t a were not that more expensive. so how do you feel about this please post up your views and ideas, bad or good....

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
i like the adjustibles from pro hopper quick and easy and they look good

·
Registered
563 Posts
i like the fixed ones my self....make them yourself

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think im going to go ahead and get some custom ones built from big john...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ ic

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Originally posted by Juiced82MarkVI@Sep 20 2007, 11:42 AM~8833175
the adjustables can spin a bit once installed.... seems to me that'd reduce strain when 3 wheeling, on the arms, on your frame, on everything. :dunno:
this is true but one thing to look for that i've found is that sometimes, not all the time, because of the thread direction the passenger side can spin slightly and extend itself slightly each time you pull a big three and it doesnt always wind back because you dont lift the rear to come out of the three, but just dump the whole rear when your back on all four, eventually it will end up 1" longer and your axle will be off centered, LOL...

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Originally posted by Unity_Jon@Sep 20 2007, 02:29 PM~8833595
this is true but one thing to look for that i've found is that sometimes, not all the time, because of the thread direction the passenger side can spin slightly and extend itself slightly each time you pull a big three and it doesnt always wind back because you dont lift the rear to come out of the three, but just dump the whole rear when your back on all four, eventually it will end up 1" longer and your axle will be off centered, LOL...

not the pro-hopper ones. If u look at the pic above there's a nut on each side of each trailing arm. It extends from both sides. once you tighten that bolt down, it'll spin with the movement of the car, but it cant extend any further.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by DuezPaid@Sep 20 2007, 02:10 PM~8833999
do a how-to
similar to drop mounts..

2x2 1/4 inch cut to length fish mouth one side for your round tubing for bushing

2 pieces of 2 by 2 1/4 inch flat to fit around rear end bushing..i have made adjustables also for like 86 bucks it was pretty easy... :cool:

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Id have some custom made that would swivel. The adjustables work ok but on the lower ones theyve slightly bent on my boys car and now you cant adjust them anymore.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts