LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i like both brands but im looking towards Zeniths cuz the style knock offs and serial #'s. i know that D's are more expensive but to me zeniths are more old skool. am i right on that. well give some input and comments why you like one more than the other. thanks!
sorry if repost. :biggrin:

·
Registered
836 Posts
I like those cheniths that some dude was selling. :biggrin:

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by tko_818@Jan 28 2010, 07:15 PM~16445543
14x7 72 spoke daytons. you can find clean sets cheap. I cant bring myself to pay 2000$ for a 14 wheel from Zenith.. tho they are great looking wheels :cool:
It's true about the deals. I've seen sets of nice used 14 inch D's real cheap.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Jan 28 2010, 08:19 PM~16445596
It's true about the deals.  I've seen sets of nice used 14 inch D's real cheap.
like 150$ more than chinas :0 Im copping some with my tax return :biggrin: then again Daytons been out forever and sold alotta wheels.. Theres definitely more supply of D's than Z's

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reason I made this thread is my wife spilled the beans on what she had planned for my bday present and she made sum calls. I wondered why she was asking me ?'S bout rims and my style. She called the shop and told them not to say anything. But she said she wanted the best for me. They said daytons. I like D's but they are too expensive. I'm likin the Z's cuz the style KO's and its a bit cheaper. But I can't help it, my wife is stubborn bout gettin my set, so I had her look at this thread and try to realize, its a personal preference. Shit she said, she might just get me a set of D's and Z's. She said I work hard and I deserve something nice.
My wife is the best!

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
chinas all the way :biggrin:

Drive anywhere..anytime...snow,rain,ice..it dont matter
:cheesy:

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by Hannibal Lector@Jan 29 2010, 08:53 AM~16449736
The reason I made this thread is my wife spilled the beans on what she had planned for my bday present and she made sum calls. I wondered why she was asking me ?'S bout rims and my style. She called the shop and told them not to say anything. But she said she wanted the best for me. They said daytons.  I like D's but they are too expensive. I'm likin the Z's cuz the style KO's and its a bit cheaper. But I can't help it, my wife is stubborn bout gettin my set, so I had her look at this thread and try to realize, its a personal preference. Shit she said, she might just get me a set of D's and Z's. She said I work hard and I deserve something nice.
My wife is the best!
Looking to adopt?????

Guess it's just personal preference.

Myself i like my 90's 72 spoke players,not to many people have these anymore.They have a whole different look to them.Built in the usa w/ stainless hardware.
-Notice the hub??Way different than anything i've seen

·
FIRST CLASS C.C.
7,407 Posts
Originally posted by baggedout81@Jan 29 2010, 10:45 AM~16450094
Looking to adopt?????

Myself i like my 90's 72 spoke players,not to many people have these anymore.They have a whole different look to them.Built in the usa w/ stainless hardware.

and the spokes don't line up either... they kinda stagger back and forth :cool:

·
FIRST CLASS C.C.
7,407 Posts
Originally posted by Harley Starr@Jan 29 2010, 01:51 PM~16451663
and the spokes don't line up either... they kinda stagger back and forth :cool:
I have one of these in the garage if you need a fifth wheel.... pm me :cool: not perfect but pretty good shape overall NO rust ;)

·
Registered
16,119 Posts
Originally posted by baggedout81@Jan 29 2010, 08:45 AM~16450094
Looking to adopt?????

CLOSE UP OF THE HUB

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the zenith look! But does it have the warranty like daytons. I love zeniths cuz the look and no one really runs zeniths in hawaii. Maybe 2 other guys but other than that its D's or chinas.

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not trying to cause a problem with other rim companies. I just wanted positive opinions. Just wanted to get that out there.

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by Hannibal Lector@Jan 29 2010, 11:17 AM~16451914
I like the zenith look! But does it have the warranty like daytons. I love zeniths cuz the look and no one really runs zeniths in hawaii. Maybe 2 other guys but other than that its D's or chinas.
You are right. It is a personal preference. Yes, Zeniths have a great warranty. :cool: Are you planning on getting color matched powder coated wheels?

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by ZENITH_OF_CALIFORNIA@Jan 29 2010, 01:04 PM~16451779
CLOSE UP OF THE HUB
This is all i have for pics JD.But the hub is really round then rounds out to the back row

1 - 20 of 46 Posts