LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the junkyard and was lookin at the wires.....black, green n brown for the dual element 91 caprice headlights....hi/lo beams

the euro has 2wire lights, green/black and then the lo is brown/black....

i was thinkin if you can wire up the 91 socket wit the green,black n brown..? i think it will work, cuz rite now my highbeams are on all the time because of the wiring from the 81 front end.....

i think i may just try it

·
Burbans & Lacs
2,168 Posts
Originally posted by Chevrolet n LA@Aug 22 2003, 11:42 PM
at the junkyard and was lookin at the wires.....black, green n brown for the dual element 91 caprice headlights....hi/lo beams

the euro has 2wire lights, green/black and then the lo is brown/black....

i was thinkin if you can wire up the 91 socket wit the green,black n brown..? i think it will work, cuz rite now my highbeams are on all the time because of the wiring from the 81 front end.....

i think i may just try it
sounds like an interesting combo...u wanna use the whole headlight assembly...that would b SIC if it does work....if upull it off u may start a new trend :thumbsup: let us know if it works

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha sorry guys i didnt mean the whole housing...i dont think i said that :confused: but i meant just the wires....leave the inner lighthousings empty and run ONE bulb in the outter housings...i think it would still be cool...a tiny tiny mod...but a mod nontheless. instead of havin the hi/beam bulb seperate ya know? i doubt a 91 caprice headlamp would work....ive heard a celebrity would too...but there a lil smaller and used in another car, i think malibus??? my homie is gonna use a euro celeb headlamp n all that shit in a ....??? sorry its a secret, but its not a chevy, its gonna be bad ;)

·
Burbans & Lacs
2,168 Posts
Originally posted by Chevrolet n LA@Aug 23 2003, 12:30 AM
haha sorry guys i didnt mean the whole housing...i dont think i said that :confused: but i meant just the wires....leave the inner lighthousings empty and run ONE bulb in the outter housings...i think it would still be cool...a tiny tiny mod...but a mod nontheless. instead of havin the hi/beam bulb seperate ya know? i doubt a 91 caprice headlamp would work....ive heard a celebrity would too...but there a lil smaller and used in another car, i think malibus??? my homie is gonna use a euro celeb headlamp n all that shit in a ....??? sorry its a secret, but its not a chevy, its gonna be bad ;)
ok then...yea that should work i dont see y not..

·
Registered
14,951 Posts
Originally posted by Chevrolet n LA@Aug 22 2003, 11:30 PM
Oldsmobile?? :cheesy:

Yeah I had heard the harness worked, but go ahead and try the caprice one, hopefully should work, keep a headlight in the other socket still just for looks tho

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Lowlow76@Aug 22 2003, 09:40 PM
haha
Oldsmobile?? :cheesy:

wtf???? shhhhhhhhhh who told you.

i was thinking bout addin the turn signal to the old headlight hole too, and leavin the bottom bumper turn signal empty
;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts