LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv never used it for cleaning my rims.........you just spray let sit and then hose off..........thanks.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Degreasers like: Castrol Purple, or Simple Green, any good one that is usually advised to mix with water.

Then hoes it off with strong water.

That's the beauty of it all. Wd-40 when parked up, degreaser when you want to roll, rinsed with hi-pressure h2o and I never touch the wheels with anything but liquids. No rags, brushes, paper towels, no chance of swirls scratches and dulling the chrome.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
AB-50 engine degreaser works wonders on everything from brake dust to dirt just spray it on rinse off...use WD-40 if you drive in the rain with em just around the nipples and spokes tho....peace

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by Cali4Lyf@Jul 30 2003, 10:03 PM
Degreasers like: Castrol Purple, or Simple Green, any good one that is usually advised to mix with water.

Then hoes it off with strong water.

That's the beauty of it all. Wd-40 when parked up, degreaser when you want to roll, rinsed with hi-pressure h2o and I never touch the wheels with anything but liquids. No rags, brushes, paper towels, no chance of swirls scratches and dulling the chrome.
man you got to wipe that water off or else it's gonna dry up on your chrome

·
Registered
18,607 Posts
Originally posted by Cali4Lyf@Jul 31 2003, 04:10 PM
I got a blower or my compressor folks :thumbsup:
that would take forever though...shit that is like saying never dry your car with anything other than air....shit .... airing them would be great...but on a sunday morning before hitting a show..shit towel them fuckers with a soft diaper...

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Originally posted by luvregals@Jul 31 2003, 05:16 PM
I got a blower or my compressor folks :thumbsup:
that would take forever though...shit that is like saying never dry your car with anything other than air....shit .... airing them would be great...but on a sunday morning before hitting a show..shit towel them fuckers with a soft diaper...
I don't get on my hands and knees and blow with my mouth.

After I rinse my car and wheels off the blower does it quick and ez. Better that a drive thru because you aim the blower were you need it. Two to three mintues tops. :uh:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Originally posted by luvregals@Aug 1 2003, 02:11 PM
hahaha i could imagine some dumb fuck reading this and ..getting on there hands and knees to blow on them shits......but you still have to use a rag....
:biggrin:

·
Registered
36 Posts
HOW WOULD YOU GET YOUR MOUTH AROUND IT?

WIRE WHEEL ACID!! TAKES OFF EVERYTHING..INCLUDING RUST!...THEN HIGH PRESSURE...TAKE A SPIN AROUND THE BLOCK...THEN BLOW OFF WITH AN AIR HOSE...NOT MOUTH! :biggrin:

IVE SEEN PEOPLE USE WD-40 AND AFTER IT SITS FOR A LONG TIME..IT TARNISHES CHROME AND PROMOTES RUST!!! I USE AEROSOL SILICONE TYPE SPRAY FOR THE NIPS AND SPOKES... WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by COTTONTAIL@Aug 2 2003, 07:21 AM
HOW WOULD YOU GET YOUR MOUTH AROUND IT?

WIRE WHEEL ACID!! TAKES OFF EVERYTHING..INCLUDING RUST!...THEN HIGH PRESSURE...TAKE A SPIN AROUND THE BLOCK...THEN BLOW OFF WITH AN AIR HOSE...NOT MOUTH! :biggrin:

IVE SEEN PEOPLE USE WD-40 AND AFTER IT SITS FOR A LONG TIME..IT TARNISHES CHROME AND PROMOTES RUST!!! I USE AEROSOL SILICONE TYPE SPRAY FOR THE NIPS AND SPOKES... WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!
where does one find this wire wheel acid???!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I DONT SMOKE CRACK...I OWN A DETAIL SHOP..."ARDEX" MAKES WIRE WHEEL ACID...ITS NOT THE"ACTIVE PART OF WHEEL CLEANERS..." ITS ACID MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR CLEANING WIRE WHEELS! OTHER "PROFESSIONAL" DETAIL SUPPLIERS SHOULD HAVE IT AS WELL...AND WD40 WILL FUCK UP YOUR RIMS AFTER SITTING FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME...IVE TRIED IT AND IVE SEEN IT MANY TIMES...JUST MY OPINION...USE WD40 ALL U WANT!! HAVE FUN CLEANING IT OFF!

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
Originally posted by COTTONTAIL@Aug 19 2003, 06:35 PM
I DONT SMOKE CRACK...I OWN A DETAIL SHOP..."ARDEX" MAKES WIRE WHEEL ACID...ITS NOT THE"ACTIVE PART OF WHEEL CLEANERS..." ITS ACID MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR CLEANING WIRE WHEELS! OTHER "PROFESSIONAL" DETAIL SUPPLIERS SHOULD HAVE IT AS WELL...AND WD40 WILL FUCK UP YOUR RIMS AFTER SITTING FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME...IVE TRIED IT AND IVE SEEN IT MANY TIMES...JUST MY OPINION...USE WD40 ALL U WANT!! HAVE FUN CLEANING IT OFF!
stored a set of daytons for 10 years coated in wd-40,, brought them out last year. cleaned em up. just like new..

·
Registered
36 Posts
IF YOU STORE THEM AWAY ..OF COURSE THEY WILL COME OUT FINE...IM TALKING ABOUT WD40 ON YOUR RIMS WHILE YOU DRIVE THEM OR STORE THE CAR OUTSIDE...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts