LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night when i tried to start my ride it was dead, so i open the hood and saw that the battery's negative terminal was loose so i just put it back in place and it started, when i got home i got my tools and i took off the negative terminal and cleaned it and shit, and i put back on tight on the battery post, this morning when i drove off my car stereo was turning off by itself and the neadle on the voltage gauge was moving down with every little bump on the road, and when i put it in reverse it really goes down, i checked and everything seem to be right, WHAT THE FUCK!!!! :angry:

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
double check your terminals again...somethings loose, not tight, not connecting properly.

could also be the connection at the starter or the ground on the block

have you removed either of the two recently?

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
alternator brushes or rectifier in the alt. ...is my guess how far down did the volts get ..

and what kinda battery clamps are you using ? .. i ended up pulling my starter one night .. (on the spot) going thru it visually and replacing it in the car ...nothing .. so i took it back ... auto zone warranty ... told them the brass bushing is pretty worn out .... got new starter installed it nothing ... came back next day and the hot clapmp had a poor connection to the cable ... pissed me off ..

now that i added to a minute of your frustration go have your alternator tested ...and have them test load test your battery too ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts