LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if It makes a difference if I mount my valves closer to the cylinders or is there a difference at all? Should I mount them beside each other? I'm a newbee so bare with me!
Diagrams would be appreciated!

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by brizzyb@Oct 10 2003, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know if It makes a difference if I mount my valves closer to the cylinders or is there a difference at all? Should I mount them beside each other? I'm a newbee so bare with me!
Diagrams would be appreciated!
I have mine close as possible to the bag,but dont know if this really at all makes a difference.If at all it has a shorter amount distance to deliver air at maximum psi. :cool:

Some people mount there valves at tank.This I really dont know any advantages to doing so.You might wanna ask 216rider Dan.I know he has his valves mounted right at the tank. :cool:

Last edited by SIXONEFORLIFE at Oct 10 2003, 05:56 PM

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
there are pros and cons to this...
I mounted mine on the tank for safety reasons..

this is why...

if you mount the valves near the front of the car, you now have a line going from front to back that is basically the tank... if you rupture either of the lines, you're screwed. the tank goes dead...

with my valves, the bags cannot have more pressure in them than the tank, so if you lost the tank pressure, the car would drop to the ground and you'd be stuck. (at least my car would be :biggrin: )

the advantage to having them up front is that the lines act as extra storage for the tank... but not much volume will be gained from this.

by the same token, when you dump the fronts, you will only empty a few feet or so of line instead of 20 feet of line, but once again, it's not much volume..

·
Registered
489 Posts
the bags with dual ports, do people use both ports to put air in or one for air in and one to release it? would the car drop faster if the valve to release the air was mounted real close to the bag? or it wouldn't make much of a difference if it were mounted on the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts