LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it better to mount your valves close to the bags or does it matter? Is is bad to mount all of the valves in the trunk and then just run the line? Thanks for the info :dunno:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
As far as I have read, your system will operate faster by placing the valves as close to the bag as possible. I'm not sure how much faster the system will be though.

The Air Lift Company fitting instructions I have got for their EasyStreet air management system instructs you to mount the valves right on the air tank, so the air goes straight into the inflation solenoid, then there is a T-piece from which the deflation solenoid is mounted (bottom of the T-piece) and also the line to the air springs (top of the T-piece, opposite the inflation solenoid.

I like the idea of the solenoids on the tank because you can get to them easily, they aren't out in the weather under the car, plus I think it looks good.

216RIDER has got some good pictures of his set up with the solenoids on the tank.

:)

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by M-827@Nov 3 2003, 03:46 PM
As far as I have read, your system will operate faster by placing the valves as close to the bag as possible. I'm not sure how much faster the system will be though.

The Air Lift Company fitting instructions I have got for their EasyStreet air management system instructs you to mount the valves right on the air tank, so the air goes straight into the inflation solenoid, then there is a T-piece from which the deflation solenoid is mounted (bottom of the T-piece) and also the line to the air springs (top of the T-piece, opposite the inflation solenoid.

I like the idea of the solenoids on the tank because you can get to them easily, they aren't out in the weather under the car, plus I think it looks good.

216RIDER has got some good pictures of his set up with the solenoids on the tank.

:)
you heard good

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
if you are using 3/8" or bigger valves the difference in speed from mounting the valves on the tank as opposed to mounting them near the bag is so small you won't even notice it.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
I still bring up the safety issue..

if you mount the valves near the bags, the line is now part of the tank, rub a hole in the line, your whole tank empties..

if youre running gold valves, chances are your car will drop to the ground..

joe's setup is a little different, with a tank mounted up front..
but unless your compressor is up front also, or you have a check at the tank, you still have a "tank" line running the length of your car..

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 3 2003, 04:30 PM

if you mount the valves near the bags, the line is now part of the tank, rub a hole in the line, your whole tank empties..

but unless your compressor is up front also, or you have a check at the tank, you still have a "tank" line running the length of your car..
i am running a tank in trunk and tank in frontwith check valve a stainless steel braded hose between them and the hose is running through the frame and i have cleaned my valves and strenghthend the springs to if i do have a leak the bags stay filled and i also keep an emergancy tool box just for my air stuff in the trunk

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
out of all the valve in trunk / on tank set ups i have seen on this site, 216rider and 1lorodeo have the nicest and best ones :biggrin: :thumbsup: good job guys

Last edited by joebomber52 at Nov 3 2003, 06:29 PM

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
1lorodeo, having looked at your set up, are you sure that you've got enough bass capability back there?

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks I appreciate it. I will keep you posted on how it comes out. I just charged my lines before I put the bags in and I have a valve leaking from the stem. ANY Ideas?

Is it a bad valve or something I can fix?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Originally posted by M-827@Nov 4 2003, 03:46 AM
1lorodeo, having looked at your set up, are you sure that you've got enough bass capability back there?

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
what I can't hear you!?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..never loud enough, hahaha

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey Huge...you f*ckin sell out. why dont you lose the preformance Edge sticker! they arnt even open anymore! unless those are your forgot'in buddies
support the ones your with now!

P.S. if you want that body drop

·
Registered
558 Posts
Originally posted by streetlevelcreations@Nov 4 2003, 05:56 AM
Hey Huge...you f*ckin sell out. why dont you lose the preformance Edge sticker! they arnt even open anymore! unless those are your forgot'in buddies
support the ones your with now!

P.S. if you want that body drop
lol dumbass that pic was taken 2 years ago, you dummy!!, see you at the shop tommorow at 5:30 so we can put the hoist in...the sloptima is getting restless

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 3 2003, 05:30 PM

if you put checkvalves before your fill valve your ride wont fall.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 3 2003, 05:30 PM

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Xonair+Nov 3 2003, 11:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xonair @ Nov 3 2003, 11:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER@Nov 3 2003, 05:30 PM

if you put checkvalves before your fill valve your ride wont fall.[/b][/quote]
I heard you the first time ;)

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 4 2003, 04:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 4 2003, 04:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 11:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER
@Nov 3 2003, 05:30 PM

I heard you the first time ;)[/b][/quote]
:twak: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts