LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think im making this harder than it really is but when a valve is advertised say a 1/2" , thats the thread size right, not the acutual orifice size? so do you use 1/2 line w/ 1/2 valves or what?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
1/2" valves are 1/2" NPT..
there are different orifice sizes... common one is 15mm, or 0.59"

the line is sized by OD, and 5/8 line is 1/2" ID...
1/2" line is 3/8" ID

etc....

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you would use 5/8 line for 1/2 valves? another question. how hard is it to wire a switch box. i was looking at a prewired 1 from suicidedoors.com but i assume you still need to know how to hook them to the valves or are they labeled. i do 12v installs for a living so im pretty good around auto electric (audio,remote starts, alarms) so would i be able to figurer it out easily or is gonna give me a headache???

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
when I got my 10 switch box, it didnt come with directions, so I figured it all out on paper...
pretend its a 4 pump 4 dump juice setup, theres a diagram in the tech section that might help with that...

Myself, I ran 1/2" valves and 1/2" OD line
its fast enough for me

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
i went throw the same damn thing. "o whats size this what size that" i came to think, all i really need is 1/2 od line with 1/2 valves, because the 5/8 line use a shit load of air (this is what i was told).
this isnt to say i wont throw in another 12 gallon tank and see if the bigger line gets me some where BUT thats after i have seen what extra PSI will do for me and other little things like valves placement and takeing out all the 90s

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
the switches are very simple to wire up pretty self explained switch goes one way and then the other
but check out the 4 pump 4 dump wiring in tech section

1 - 8 of 8 Posts