LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now ive got a 12 gal tank with all the valves directly on the tank.
i want to get up quick as possible in the front so i want to move the valves to the nose, maybe even a small tank to the nose also but keep my 12 in the trunk


do i need to split the valves between the two tanks? will the 12 still be able to fill the nose if the tank in the front is running to them?
i think i can fit a small tank or skinny 5 gal between the front bumper and radiator with the right brackets


its a 95 lt1 bigbody (my avatar) got some time this winter so i want to do something new

heres some pics of what ive got right now

ive also got four 450s

heres what under the hood looks like



heres my trunk setup ( of course ive got carpet)



 

·
i dont feel tardy
Joined
·
20,934 Posts
Originally posted by Lo_N_Lavish@Dec 25 2008, 06:35 PM~12526192
Right now ive got a 12 gal tank with all the valves directly on the tank.
i want to get up quick as possible in the front so i want to move the valves to the nose, maybe even a small tank to the nose also but keep my 12 in the trunk
do i need to split the valves between the two tanks? will the 12 still be able to fill the nose if the tank in the front is running to them?
i think i can fit a small tank or skinny 5 gal between the front bumper and radiator with the right brackets
its a 95 lt1 bigbody (my avatar) got some time this winter so i want to do something new

heres some pics of what ive got right now

ive also got four 450s

heres what under the hood looks like



heres my trunk setup ( of course ive got carpet)



you know you should sheild them air filters from the turbelant air the fan puts off


itll run better and your gas mileage will improve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
thats what i have my valves at the bags i run 2 tanks one for each side my 63 caddi hops about a foot all the way around on the hit at 250psi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Dec 25 2008, 09:39 PM~12526956
you know you should  sheild them  air filters from the turbelant air the fan puts off 
itll run better and your gas mileage will improve
it wasnt done in that picture ;)
i just posted it hoping somebody would see a good space for valve placement
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by draggenass63@Dec 25 2008, 10:36 PM~12527374
thats what i have my valves at the bags i run 2 tanks one for each side my 63 caddi hops about a foot all the way around on the hit at 250psi
can you post some pics of your valves at the bags? im trying to figure out how to doit exactly.
 

·
i dont feel tardy
Joined
·
20,934 Posts
Originally posted by Lo_N_Lavish@Dec 25 2008, 09:56 PM~12527526
it wasnt done in that picture  ;)
i just posted it hoping somebody would see a good space for valve placement
cool alot of people do that and dont sheild them the air from the fan will defeat the purpose of the open filters entirely sometimes itll even cause them to throw codes

also

you know theres a coolant line that runs to the throttle body you can bypass that and it will get better gas mileage and have more power at op temp too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Dec 25 2008, 11:51 PM~12527988
cool alot of people do that  and dont sheild them    the air from the fan will defeat the purpose  of the open filters entirely    sometimes itll even cause them to throw codes

also

you know theres a coolant line that runs to the  throttle body  you can bypass that  and it will get better gas mileage and have more power at op temp  too
i didnt know that
do you know of a place that shows directions on how to doit?
 

·
i dont feel tardy
Joined
·
20,934 Posts
Originally posted by Lo_N_Lavish@Dec 27 2008, 12:41 AM~12535001
i didnt know that
do you know of a place that shows directions on how to doit?
it rather simple you just need a longer hose from the coolant reservoir to reach to the line on the other side of the motor that goes back to the transmission


searh for info on 4th generation camaro's or b body's caprices and wagons


all kinds of little tricks for these motors that free up a few extra hp and make them run better/ more efficient
 

·
i dont feel tardy
Joined
·
20,934 Posts


its that hose on the other side of the engine is a line it connects to that runs back to the transmission coolant you just unplug the hose from the throttle body and plug it into the tranny line ;)


yours might be done cause i could have sworn it was on the same side as the coolant resorvoir in my caprice

hard to tell from pics
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,109 Posts
Originally posted by Lo_N_Lavish@Dec 25 2008, 10:56 PM~12527526
it wasnt done in that picture  ;)
i just posted it hoping somebody would see a good space for valve placement
I have mine up front, under the hood, near the fenders, so they're not directly on the bag.
They're just zip tied in right now, but I think there's just enough room to mount them on the inside of the fender (above the wheel well).
Mines a little different cause I have the 93 and no LT1, but it looks like you might have room, at least on the passenger side.

I also have a 12 gallon tank. I run it at 175psi. The first hit the front lifts perfect. Fast, but not too fast. It slows from there. I'm gonna up to 200psi and hope I get a few more good hits out of the front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Dec 27 2008, 01:59 AM~12535119


its that hose    on the other side of the engine  is a line it connects to that runs back to the transmission  coolant  you just unplug the hose from the throttle body and plug it into the tranny line    ;)
yours might be done cause i could have sworn it was on the same side as the coolant resorvoir in my caprice 

hard to tell from pics
cool thanks for the info man i appreciate it,
i have the lt1 i thought caprices had the ls1 but i might be mistaken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,252 Posts
There is enough room to mount the valves onto the fenderwells even with the LT1's. I had a customer bring in his car and they were just ziptied in place. I made some brackets for them and mounted them permanently. Just be careful how you route your air lines. Those engine bays get really hot. When you route them from the back of the car to the valve and then to the bag you end up with the air lines very close to the exhaust and the manifolds. Take your time so you aren't blowing air lines.
 

·
i dont feel tardy
Joined
·
20,934 Posts
Originally posted by Lo_N_Lavish@Dec 27 2008, 07:20 PM~12538972
cool thanks for the info man i appreciate it,
i have the lt1 i thought caprices had the ls1 but i might be mistaken
lt1 in bubble wagons and caprice


the 94 wagon and caprices all had police package drive train as well b4 if i recall correctly was what the model was called it was the year they produced them for all departments
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by nyccustomizer@Dec 27 2008, 09:19 PM~12539336
There is enough room to mount the valves onto the fenderwells even with the LT1's.  I had a customer bring in his car and they were just ziptied in place. I made some brackets for them and mounted them permanently.  Just be careful how you route your air lines.  Those engine bays get really hot.  When you route them from the back of the car to the valve and then to the bag you end up with the air lines very close to the exhaust and the manifolds. Take your time so you aren't blowing air lines.
thats what i was thinking
might have to invest in steel breaded lines :cool:
 

·
i dont feel tardy
Joined
·
20,934 Posts
Originally posted by Lo_N_Lavish@Dec 28 2008, 08:39 AM~12542818
:cool:
another thing you can look into is theres an article somewhere about rerouting the belt to still run all your acc's but with less drag


i cant seem to find it but i remember it when i had my my wagon
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top