LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for pictures of a five gallon tank with the valves (parker) mounted on it. Since the ports are so close together, I need to know what types of connectors and fittings to use so I will be able to tighten down on them without hitting the valves next to it.

Btw, it's an 8 valve setup.

Any help would be appreciated :cool:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
how about this?

you can go here for you fittings, they deliver pretty fast.
http://www.fittingsandadapters.com/pustubfitfor.html

You will need:
1//2" straights - 8
1/2" tees - 10
1/2" to 3/8" nipple for the water trap - 1
3/8" straight - 1
3/8" to 1/8" adaptor for the compressor line (from compressor to water trap) - 1
either 1/2" to 1/4" or 1/2" to 1/8" for pressure gauge/p switch - 1
I'm a bit lazy to tell you the rest but you get the idea right?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry, the tank is an eight port tank. Here is a picture:

My problem is that I want the valves to be on the tank but the 4 ports on the front are so close together that the valves would hit each other if I tried to put them on the tank.

Check out this setup....how did he get the valves on this tank without hitting the valve to the right of it?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
damn good question. for me I would diassemble the solenoid part to give some room to tighten those up and then reassemble them after I was done. Damn sorry bro. I other than that I'm stumped.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taking the solenoid off the valve was the only way I could thing of too, but that would void the warranty of the valves.

Thanks for the input though :)

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
what the fuck do you need a warranty for

but yeah the only way your gonna do it is to take the diaphram apart it's not hard
4 peices will come out
2 if the valve has any magnetism init

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Dismantling the solenoid valve is the official way to do it. It's even in the Air Lift Company EasyStreet fitting instructions.

You install the outer valves first, then dismantle the inner two valves and fit them that way.

Mike

·
BOSS
787 Posts
Originally posted by aleigh-n@Jul 25 2005, 12:28 PM
this is just a theory, but what if you unbolt all of these on the valve. you would be left with the bottom piece and would not be removing the noid.
[snapback]3474127[/snapback]​

yeah that used to be my trunk>> i had to remove the four allen bolts cause the rod inside the solenoid stilll sticks out too far so thats the way you have to do it....just make sure you put the diaphram back in rite way>>>lemme tell you tho the 5 gallon tank sucked ass>>>i would be at like 250lbs and would hit it twice and it would go down to like 130-140 ...i went to a 10 gallon and its 10 times better

·
Registered
856 Posts
i had the same problem. what i did was mount the rear valves to the tank, and then ran some hose to the front and mounted the fronts under the dash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts