LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
N E ONE KNOW OF ANY PAINT SHOPS THAT USES CLEARCOAT IN VEGAS WHEN U GET A STOCK COLOR?? THE SHOPS I CALLED DONT USE CLEAR COAT AND I DONT WANT THE PAINT COMING OFF WHEN I WASH THE RIDE :angry:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by vegasrider@Jul 23 2003, 02:06 PM
go where your homeboy got his lincoln painted. imperial paint and body
not for a stock paint... im goin there for tha cobalt blue but while i get tha interior done i want a stock silver paint.. my cousin [not homeboy] said theyll try to fuck me over on stock paint job especially since the insurance wont cover it right now

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Originally posted by vEGAs.DiPPiN+Jul 23 2003, 09:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vEGAs.DiPPiN @ Jul 23 2003, 09:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--vegasrider@Jul 23 2003, 02:06 PM
go where your  homeboy got his lincoln painted. imperial paint and body
not for a stock paint... im goin there for tha cobalt blue but while i get tha interior done i want a stock silver paint.. my cousin [not homeboy] said theyll try to fuck me over on stock paint job especially since the insurance wont cover it right now[/b][/quote]
when i was looking to get my monte carlo painted he wanted 1g for the bodywork and 2 stage paint all jammed and shit. didnt think it was a bad price

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by vegasrider+Jul 23 2003, 02:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegasrider @ Jul 23 2003, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2003, 09:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--vegasrider
@Jul 23 2003, 02:06 PM

not for a stock paint... im goin there for tha cobalt blue but while i get tha interior done i want a stock silver paint.. my cousin [not homeboy] said theyll try to fuck me over on stock paint job especially since the insurance wont cover it right now
when i was looking to get my monte carlo painted he wanted 1g for the bodywork and 2 stage paint all jammed and shit. didnt think it was a bad price[/b][/quote]
u had insurance?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Originally posted by vEGAs.DiPPiN+Jul 23 2003, 09:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vEGAs.DiPPiN @ Jul 23 2003, 09:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2003, 02:15 PM

when i was looking to get my monte carlo painted he wanted 1g for the bodywork and 2 stage paint all jammed and shit. didnt think it was a bad price
u had insurance?[/b][/quote]
it wasnt an insurance job. is that what your looking to get done?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by vegasrider+Jul 23 2003, 02:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegasrider @ Jul 23 2003, 02:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2003, 02:15 PM

u had insurance?
it wasnt an insurance job. is that what your looking to get done?[/b][/quote]
not really.. i want to get it painted before i get it insured, but if i cant get a good price ill just wait til i get insurance and have somebody back into it and let insurance handle it... how u think the lincoln got painted? :biggrin:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh fuck it, im just going to keep it primer until i get the interior all done... im going to spray some flakes on it later today j/p

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by vEGAs.DiPPiN@Jul 24 2003, 09:44 AM
oh fuck it, im just going to keep it primer until i get the interior all done... im going to spray some flakes on it later today j/p
YOU SHOULD GET IT PAINTED BEFORE YOU DO THE INTERIOR------UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO PULL IN ALL OUT---OVER SPRAY IS A BITCH---IT GETS INTO EVERYWHERE-----PAINT IS LIKE SMOKE W/ IT IS ATOMIZED------GOES EVERYWHERE---------GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by lowriderlife+Jul 24 2003, 09:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lowriderlife @ Jul 24 2003, 09:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--vEGAs.DiPPiN@Jul 24 2003, 09:44 AM
YOU SHOULD GET IT PAINTED BEFORE YOU DO THE INTERIOR------UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO PULL IN ALL OUT---OVER SPRAY IS A BITCH---IT GETS INTO EVERYWHERE-----PAINT IS LIKE SMOKE W/ IT IS ATOMIZED------GOES EVERYWHERE---------GOOD LUCK!![/b][/quote]
thankz for the heads up, but i havent heard of anyone around here havin probs with the paint gettin everywhere...only place ive seen paint smear onto is the rubber on the edge of the doors

·
Registered
127 Posts
paint it first then interior cause it will get messed up any way if you are looking to go cheap then try a single stage then scotch brite it and spray some clear you can add flake or pearl in the clear also i work for a shop here in vegas so if you want some prices hit me up.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by caddymack@Jul 24 2003, 04:49 PM
paint it first then interior cause it will get messed up any way if you are looking to go cheap then try a single stage then scotch brite it and spray some clear you can add flake or pearl in the clear also i work for a shop here in vegas so if you want some prices hit me up.
:biggrin: ... but i dont want to paint the car first and then do the interior because wut if tha paint gets scratched while the seats and dash is being taken out or being put back in? :0 and NO i aint gonna go cheap on my ride... NO CORNER CUTTING!! thats why im trying to get advice from the PROS/VETS of tha game so i dont fuck up.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
paint it first, interior second. clear gets everywhere. if your upholster is not careful or just doesnt care then youll have a problem of him scratching it up. stock paint jobs should have about three years of coverage. a candy paint job should be covered for the lifetime of the paint. not talking about scraching it up. dont see why youd waste money on getting a stock job then getting it candy. going to charge you for two jobs. waste of dough to me. about the only shops around here that wont put clear on your car are the 1 day paint, earl scheib, and even then theyll do it if you pay them. paint it first, upholstery second. unless you want to pay for another interior after paint.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Jul 27 2003, 12:27 PM
paint it first, interior second. clear gets everywhere. if your upholster is not careful or just doesnt care then youll have a problem of him scratching it up. stock paint jobs should have about three years of coverage. a candy paint job should be covered for the lifetime of the paint. not talking about scraching it up. dont see why youd waste money on getting a stock job then getting it candy. going to charge you for two jobs. waste of dough to me. about the only shops around here that wont put clear on your car are the 1 day paint, earl scheib, and even then theyll do it if you pay them. paint it first, upholstery second. unless you want to pay for another interior after paint.
''...paint it first, upholstery second''

:thumbsup: thanks, im going to stick with that

1 - 17 of 17 Posts