LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues with the Driveline vibrating and I am wondering what all or some of the reasons that would cause this?

The driveline has a slip and has been balanced by the driveline shop.

The only time it doesn't vibrate is when the ass end is fully locked up. If I barely tap the switch and drop it a little at even slow speeds like 15 mph it will start to vibrate and I mean vibrate really bad..

Any theories or checks I need to make let me know....

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
sounds like bad pinion angle...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by blueouija@Feb 26 2010, 10:52 AM~16733312
sounds like bad pinion angle...
See thats whats weird to me is when the pinion is at its worst angle (when car is locked up all the way) it rides smooth, no issues..

Pinion when locked up is facing up probably at approx 60 degrees and there is no binding and it rides perfect...

when pinion starts to go at a even level it vibrates,, I would think the vibrartating would happen with the other..

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both lower and uppers are adjustable and yes there both extended. I forget how much on each.

the rear-end is a gbody that I put on the Lac.

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Driveshaft may be too short causing the yoke to pull to far out of the trans when laid out. If there isn't enough yoke engagement it could cause the yoke to wobble. When the car is locked up it would push the yoke into the trans further and correct the problem.

Just a guess without pics to go off of.

Did you swap the rearend after you had the driveshaft done? The G body rear has a shorter pinion housing which effects drive shaft length needed.

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
do you have the tranny yoke bolted up or a spring in the back,,,if not that is gonna be your problem

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by jonjay206@Feb 26 2010, 11:58 AM~16733383
See thats whats weird to me is when the pinion is at its worst angle (when car is locked up all the way) it rides smooth, no issues..

Pinion when locked up is facing up probably at approx 60 degrees and there is no binding and it rides perfect... 

when pinion starts to go at a even level it vibrates,, I would think the vibrartating would happen with the other..
It's more than likely he pinion angles. the front and rear u joint will cause vibration when they arent spinning on the same plane, when they misalign enough under certain circumstances, sometimes the problem goes away.

but 15mph is really slow.. could be a binding issue somewhere

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by OUTHOPU@Feb 26 2010, 11:32 AM~16733714
Driveshaft may be too short causing the yoke to pull to far out of the trans when laid out. If there isn't enough yoke engagement it could cause the yoke to  wobble. When the car is locked up it would push the yoke into the trans further and correct the problem.

Just a guess without pics to go off of.

Did you swap the rearend after you had the driveshaft done? The G body rear has a shorter pinion housing which effects drive shaft length needed.

Thats what I'm thinkin it is!

Cus when locked up the rear-end moves towards the front of the car, and when lowering it, it starts to push back,,, so there is not enuff yoke in the tranny!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts