LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had to ignite them the firstt ime but after that they stayed on like a small pilot then push the button and boooooooosh that shit was hot but it stayed lit on it's own it was just a 10 minute thing i put to gether

on the cameraman we were holding a laptop and camera at the same time

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jan 16 2004, 04:43 PM
i had to ignite them the firstt ime but after that they stayed on like a small pilot then push the button and boooooooosh that shit was hot but it stayed lit on it's own it was just a 10 minute thing i put to gether

mine stays on im using mapp gas going on to propane. but the grill lighter makes it look ghetto. im still trying to figure out an electric set up

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Lownslow302+Jan 16 2004, 03:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lownslow302 @ Jan 16 2004, 03:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52@Jan 16 2004, 04:43 PM

mine stays on im using mapp gas going on to propane. but the grill lighter makes it look ghetto. im still trying to figure out an electric set up[/b][/quote]
i will figur something out for you mapp flames are bigger than propane but mapp iss $$$ and goes quik

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Jan 16 2004, 05:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Jan 16 2004, 05:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2004, 03:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52
@Jan 16 2004, 04:43 PM

mine stays on im using mapp gas going on to propane. but the grill lighter makes it look ghetto. im still trying to figure out an electric set up
i will figur something out for you mapp flames are bigger than propane but mapp iss $$$ and goes quik[/b][/quote]
whatt :0 its probably cause its cold out or the tank is near empty my flames come out 1 inch past the pipe. im going to propane cause the back of my chopper is black from soot

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Lownslow302+Jan 16 2004, 04:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lownslow302 @ Jan 16 2004, 04:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2004, 05:00 PM

i will figur something out for you mapp flames are bigger than propane but mapp iss $$$ and goes quik
whatt :0 its probably cause its cold out or the tank is near empty my flames come out 1 inch past the pipe. im going to propane cause the back of my chopper is black from soot[/b][/quote]
yeah the soot sucks put my mapp flames were fuckin huge i think it is cuz i have it running through the sissy bars they are enclosed and smaller that the pipe you ran

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by joebomber52+Jan 16 2004, 04:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Jan 16 2004, 04:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2004, 04:05 PM

whatt :0 its probably cause its cold out or the tank is near empty my flames come out 1 inch past the pipe. im going to propane cause the back of my chopper is black from soot
yeah the soot sucks put my mapp flames were fuckin huge i think it is cuz i have it running through the sissy bars they are enclosed and smaller that the pipe you ran[/b][/quote]
so it can out with more power

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Jan 16 2004, 07:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Jan 16 2004, 07:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2004, 04:30 PM

yeah the soot sucks put my mapp flames were fuckin huge i think it is cuz i have it running through the sissy bars they are enclosed and smaller that the pipe you ran
so it can out with more power[/b][/quote]
youre right on one account but the tubing shrinks toward the exhaust pipe to almost 1/8th of a inch maybe i should run 1 foot of 1/4 then go to 1/8th all the way to the exhaust

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Jan 16 2004, 10:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Jan 16 2004, 10:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BoOtY_SnAtChA@Jan 16 2004, 08:55 PM
Fuckin phat  :thumbsup:  Must be fun cruising with that shit on, make some heads turn  :biggrin:
it is a trip[/b][/quote]
yeah i get tons of attention with it on plus it looks cool at night :cool:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Lownslow302+Jan 16 2004, 10:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lownslow302 @ Jan 16 2004, 10:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2004, 04:30 PM

so it can out with more power
youre right on one account but the tubing shrinks toward the exhaust pipe to almost 1/8th of a inch maybe i should run 1 foot of 1/4 then go to 1/8th all the way to the exhaust[/b][/quote]
too small and to big can = loss of force

what kind of propane tank are you using i use the bernso blue bottle from home depot

i wouls say runn it 1/4" tubing

·
Registered
126 Posts
couldn't u just use a spark plug to light the gas? get like 2 9v batteries and rigg them up to eachother, a switch, and a spark plug. then use an electric valve to alow the gas to flow, and hook it up to the same switch. so now wen u flip the switch, u get the valve opeaning, and the spark to light the gas. I donno if it'll really work, just my thoughts

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
need battery a coil a spark plug and a fuel injector of some sort or a gas valve that could work on a trike but too much for a 2 wheel

i have been trying to figure it out since last night that is kinda what i have been coming up with but not exactly

1 - 19 of 19 Posts