LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by The Modeling Pimp@Nov 26 2003, 10:29 AM
daaaaaaamn! :0
Yeah and the same guy has a box of 63 T-Birds and a box of 63 Buicks!!!!!
Bet the reserve is $100 a model or more

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Nov 26 2003, 11:48 AM
If you want the trunk open on those, you have to cut it open your self.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

As with many other models

I am guessing that you don't get that these are brand new 40 year old out of production kits, thats the uniqueness of them, very rare indeed , especially to find a whole case

Last edited by dag65 at Nov 26 2003, 12:14 PM

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I get it, yes they are rare, but what's so good about haveing an old box. Unless you are into collecting boxes. except for the non opening trunk isn't the model the same as the current ones?
Models are made to be built not saved for ever. If I could get one cheep I buy one and build another lowrider.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Nov 26 2003, 12:21 PM
I get it, yes they are rare, but what's so good about haveing an old box. Unless you are into collecting boxes. except for the non opening trunk isn't the model the same as the current ones?
Models are made to be built not saved for ever. If I could get one cheep I buy one and build another lowrider.
true , but being able t0o build an original instead of something that has been reissued over and over from a worn out tool is really nice.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Nov 26 2003, 01:19 PM
Now that makes sense. Better casted models. :thumbsup:
Welll injected anyway, yeah originals rock. I do like the old vintage boxes but don't find that much value in them . But a better model that is made from a new tool , now we are talking. No flash , nothings been re tooled or bastardized. Thats what I am talking about

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Nov 26 2003, 12:21 PM
Thank You man, same here.... i'm a builder not a collector.

i've got stuff before that was brand new still sealed in boxes that are dated 1963 and older. i even have stuff thats so old that they dont even have dates on them. first thing i do is rip the plastic off and start digging through checking them out like a kid on christmas :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Nov 27 2003, 12:14 PM
vato is making some $$$$.  have u seen how much there at?
people aren't so bright man.
i'd give $20 each tops.
its not like they are something that you cant just go get another version of.

i know they are old and all but REAL builders don't give a fuck about that.

those are the same kits that you can get at the hobby shop for $12 so you are paying all that big ass money just for a box.

i'll admit that i've payed a good $20-$25 each for some old ass models but they are ones that have been out of production since the late 70's - early 80's and were never re-released in any other versions or anything.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Anybody ever watch Toy Story 2? How Woody's Round Up gang and related toys weren't complete without Woody? (work with me here, I got little ones) This is sort of the same deal.

It's a coolness factor that builders never really get. I know plenty of people that collect models and haven't picked up an exacto in 30 years. Like the people that collect old Coke bottles with Coke still in them? WTF? As long as ain't old, drink that shit first. The value of a complete set in a crate is a lot more than each individual model. I guarantee that the winning bidder is NOT going to sell the models off one by one. When will something like this ever show up again?

Sure there are better 63s out there now, sure it's been rereleased a million times, but this sort of thing belongs in a museum. Us that buy to build will always just shake our heads but to certain people, this is gold. I thought the 63 Electra set would be going for more because that's a model that has never been rereleased.

I would never buy this, but I can sure as hell appreciate what it is. Now if someone could explain to me this Hot Wheels shit...why the hell do people keep them in their bubble boxes and who the fuck cares if they're pointing the wrong way :biggrin:

It's all about your perspective on the value of things

K. Diaz

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Nov 27 2003, 02:55 PM
Anybody ever watch Toy Story 2? How Woody's Round Up gang and related toys weren't complete without Woody? (work with me here, I got little ones) This is sort of the same deal.

It's a coolness factor that builders never really get. I know plenty of people that collect models and haven't picked up an exacto in 30 years. Like the people that collect old Coke bottles with Coke still in them? WTF? As long as ain't old, drink that shit first. The value of a complete set in a crate is a lot more than each individual model. I guarantee that the winning bidder is NOT going to sell the models off one by one. When will something like this ever show up again?

Sure there are better 63s out there now, sure it's been rereleased a million times, but this sort of thing belongs in a museum. Us that buy to build will always just shake our heads but to certain people, this is gold. I thought the 63 Electra set would be going for more because that's a model that has never been rereleased.

I would never buy this, but I can sure as hell appreciate what it is. Now if someone could explain to me this Hot Wheels shit...why the hell do people keep them in their bubble boxes and who the fuck cares if they're pointing the wrong way :biggrin:

It's all about your perspective on the value of things

K. Diaz
i couldnt say it better myself.

have toy story 2, i bought for me....i mean i bought for my 2 nephews, yeah thats it.

i see it like this, its made to be build, or play with.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts