LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Jul 30 2003, 11:48 AM
AMT kit i found on ebay. Can't afford it so i thought i'd spread the word.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...6&category=2585
This is NOT a true 68 Impala. MPC made the only 68 Impala, shown below.

This is an AMT 68 Impala, which is actually a customized 67 Impala. Look at the rear window-this is none! They sealed it up, dunno why, they did wierd things back then

K. Diaz

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Both look like R&R resin cars. I bet either beanershobbies or miteymouse is selling those on ebay, they're distributors. They're not the best, but they can be made into good models. The chrome usually really sucks though, the grilles have chunks stuck in them. Where you at? R&R goes to shows all over the place. He always has tons of inventory, but on ebay they sell for a lot more than what he sells them for usually 35-45 bux

K. Diaz

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I read something about the AMT and MPC 68's. The people at MPC had direct connections with Chevrolet so they got a head start on their 68 molds. AMT wanted to compete so they busted out with their "custom" 68 because they did not have any of the factory specs to go by.

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
no he will take paypal...just not payments sent with credit cards...has to existing funds or echeck...he dont have premier account

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by 96 impala girl@Jul 30 2003, 08:02 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :mad: :mad: :mad: :tears: :tears: :tears:

why wont they reissue that year!!!! why?!?!?!?!? i would buy a dozen of them!
The tool is probably gone, they usually recycled tools to make the next years model. That's why the 70 is the only one left-the 71 was a lot different, so they couldn't modify the 70. Same thing with the 76 they reissued a couple years ago, it was originally the 71 that they kept modifying every year. The 66 was made into a stock car.

K. Diaz

1 - 20 of 25 Posts