LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres my question... im looking for a way to go with 12v to each pump front and rear.. im only looking for up and down thats it.. speed is not an issue as i know 12v will be fairly slow. but witht he motors i have now 12v wont even spin em.. i think they are #8's i wanna clean up my setup and im thinkin with less batteries it will be easier to hide..

so i guess my ? os what motor will spin with only 12vs??

thanks in advance

Trevor

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
you may have to go with 24 to the rear, and 36 to the front.......sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yo Trevor whatsup? Hey man first things first u gotta make sure your batteries r good and your motors r good. That is a must. Secondly im sure you know that with just a 12v on the system your battery life is goin to be very minimal. I recommend the guys at showtime for any further help. Marks the man over there so holla at him and he'll probably hook u up to there tech. I recommend your gonna do that( clean up your trunk) i dont know how many pumps u have but. I believe an ideal setup for a clean and simple setup is the 2 pumper. you can do that and run 24v's thats it.U'll have all 4's workin and it should go up nice n smooth. Also if your usin solenoids i would say use 2 per pump. From the info that u have thats all i can think of right now. Good luck n im sure u'll get sometin worked out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a 2 pump setup with 4 batts... 24 to front and rear.. with accums.. i just want to clean up my setup and put it all under the bed so i was thinkin of goin with less batteries to make it easier to fit underneath... on my truck now i have 3 solenoids for each pump ....

thanks for the info

Trevor

·
Registered
311 Posts
Lyinlow....sweet ass setup dude. I have a '90 Isuzu p/u I`m juicing in a week or so. Jus curious, on your battery rack where your solenoids are mounted. Looks like you used something different to connect them together? Like connecting the studs on the sides? Or am I jus seein something??

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think your refering to the solenoid connectors.. if so either get em from pro hopper or your local hardware store ...... should only be a buck or so each!

Trevor

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
make sure you aren't confusing the "motors" and "pumpheads". 24v is about as slow as you would want to go. it will also enable you to run a second bat to each pump so that they don't go dead for you in one day. not to mention that your switches shouuld be plugged in at a 24v post, which again neccessitates? having 2. why not just 2 pump, 2 bat, that'll be a space saver.

j.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts