LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to ask looks like a good idea for hydros and see if some of you have one and want to know how it works. ;)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass@Dec 1 2003, 10:25 PM
I just wanted to ask looks like a good idea for hydros and see if some of you have one and want to know how it works. ;)
javascript:eek:pen_window('popups/voltmeter.htm')

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Dec 1 2003, 10:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Dec 1 2003, 10:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Big Baller 82cutlass@Dec 1 2003, 10:25 PM
javascript:eek:pen_window('popups/voltmeter.htm')[/b][/quote]
Dam the link is not working :angry: but you can check it out at STREETCHARGER.COM :)

·
Registered
871 Posts
How do they work?? Wouldn't your voltage stay the same at all times? Don't you have to measure the amperage change instead of the voltage change?

If this just measures voltage, why couldn't you get any other digital voltage gauge for cheaper?

Ever wonder how charged your hydraulic batteries are? Now you can know your battery level at all times with our digital voltmeter - small enough to be mounted in your switchbox or dash.

Price: $42

Last edited by bumpn_gt at Dec 2 2003, 09:20 AM

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Originally posted by bumpn_gt@Dec 2 2003, 10:18 AM
How do they work?? Wouldn't your voltage stay the same at all times? Don't you have to measure the amperage change instead of the voltage change?
voltage goes down as the batteries go dead.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Then why do my batteries read 36 volts at all times?

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Looks a little pricy for just a volt meter.

Plus, the voltage will swing down under a load. You can watch the needle sweep using an analog meter. A digital would be harder to make out. This meaning, you can tell if a motor is draging by using a analog meter instead of this digital.

·
Registered
871 Posts
So the only time you will see a change in voltage is when you are hitting a switch??

Is that what everyone is saying??

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Originally posted by bumpn_gt@Dec 2 2003, 10:18 AM

If this just measures voltage, why couldn't you get any other digital voltage gauge for cheaper?

Ever wonder how charged your hydraulic batteries are? Now you can know your battery level at all times with our digital voltmeter - small enough to be mounted in your switchbox or dash.

a guy on here has one mounted instead of the og clock in a 64 impala..

now thats badd ass!

but I'm wondering if theres a analogue voltmeter...somewhere?

to match the og look of the Impala....I want a analogue voltmeter...whit a black backing...

if any body knows where to find that...hit me up whit a PM...

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
I just carry a sears volt meter in the glove box....

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by bumpn_gt@Dec 2 2003, 09:43 AM
So the only time you will see a change in voltage is when you are hitting a switch??

Is that what everyone is saying??
Four times the meter will have a change in voltage readings:

1) When charging.

2) Over time, the static voltage of the voltmeter will slowly go down, because of the draining batteries.

3) under a load, the voltage meter will drop drastically,

4) Just after a heavy load condition, the needle will slowly move back up. You may readsomething like 11 VDC per battery, then within a few seconds it will go back to about 12 VDC per battery.

I forget all the technical names for these things

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have a street charger as well as the meter and is just nice to see how many volts my batts have. As far as getting one cheaper, I searched all around and couldnt find any meters that read voltages above 18 volts.

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by HoppinS10@Dec 2 2003, 08:58 PM
I have a street charger as well as the meter and is just nice to see how many volts my batts have. As far as getting one cheaper, I searched all around and couldnt find any meters that read voltages above 18 volts.
Try industrial sources,?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros+Dec 3 2003, 01:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hydros @ Dec 3 2003, 01:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--HoppinS10@Dec 2 2003, 08:58 PM
I have a street charger as well as the meter and is just nice to see how many volts my batts have.  As far as getting one cheaper, I searched all around and couldnt find any meters that read voltages above 18 volts.
Try industrial sources,?[/b][/quote]
i checked places like dakota digital and grainger even summit and none of the meters went above 18 volts except for one that i found thay went to 24 or something. Im not saying there isnt another voltmeter out there that will read higher i just didnt find one

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
On ebay I did see a 200 and a 80 volt meters.

Questionable though as they looked older.

Hey, you could always have a meter wired to each battery. Then you could compare the readings. This might help find a battery if it's going bad.

Last edited by Hydros at Dec 3 2003, 02:39 PM

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by dabomb+Dec 2 2003, 01:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dabomb @ Dec 2 2003, 01:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--bumpn_gt@Dec 2 2003, 10:18 AM

a guy on here has one mounted instead of the og clock in a 64 impala..

now thats badd ass!

but I'm wondering if theres a analogue voltmeter...somewhere?

to match the og look of the Impala....I want a analogue voltmeter...whit a black backing...

if any body knows where to find that...hit me up whit a PM...[/b][/quote]
thats wayne64ss

his car got fucked by a windstorm though :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts