LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im debating on whether to keep my vynal half top on my 82 coupe deville the same color or change it. the problem is that i think its too hard for me to do myself(to change it) and taking it some where would be too much money.
has anyone done this? and how hard is it to do?

also, if i took it off.. would it just be regular sheet metal? as in.... i take it off now, and do the whole car without the top, and if i want to put it on, then i can put a new one on down the road?

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
under the top is some pading that is a bitch to get off but if you heat it up and use a plastic puddy knife it comes off alright and under that is just normal metal and probally some rust :(

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
you can do it your self its not that hard a friend of mine redid his top on his regal and he said it wasnt that hard

·
Registered
970 Posts
IS THE VYNAL IN BAD SHAPE? IF NOT JUST PAINT IT WITH SOME FLEX AGENT ADDITIVE AND IT WILL LOOK GOOD BEEN THERE DONE THAT GOOD LUCK :cheesy:

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by kaptonkrewl2003@Nov 20 2003, 10:16 AM
IS THE VYNAL IN BAD SHAPE? IF NOT JUST PAINT IT WITH SOME FLEX AGENT ADDITIVE AND IT WILL LOOK GOOD BEEN THERE DONE THAT GOOD LUCK :cheesy:
can you or someone else give me some more advice with this? because if i can paint it and have it look good then thats what ill do.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Are you leaving the vinyl off and painting it or are you putting a new vinyl top back on? If you are leaving it off and painting it then you most likely will have to do a little body work. I took the one off of my cutlass and I think it really depends on the car some i have seen needed more work then others but my cutlass didnt really need much work at all. I would say go for it if you get it off and dont want to mess with the body work you can always have another vinyl top put back on...Just my 2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts