LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else on here notice and address the fact the gas tank sits lower then anything else on the car?

it has me a bit worried

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yes it is along with foot well. That is one reason I have not layed out the rear or my wagon! But I have thought of lifting the foot well and skid plate for tank. But I have a tow hitch on mine so until that is dragged off no need for the prior two ideas!

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by robncheal@May 23 2011, 12:27 AM~20608179
Yes it is along with foot well. That is one reason I have not layed out the rear or my wagon!  But I have thought of lifting the foot well and skid plate for tank. But I have a tow hitch on mine so until that is dragged off no need for the prior two ideas!
i have a tow hitch on mine as well i still couldnt get my hand between the tank and road if i tried

i dont wanna lose my back seat or the foot well for it

any other ideas? :happysad:

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by robncheal@May 23 2011, 08:22 PM~20613674
That's going to be a very big scrape plate!  How thick you going?
LOL

i got a piece of 3/8's :happysad:

·
mr 420
344 Posts
remove the stock tank and run a fuel cell and keep the filler in the stock location... you can run drag blocks on the frame to give the floor some protection

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the interior is stock ive gone through alot to maintain that look fuel cell is out of the question

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by baggedhearse72@May 23 2011, 10:15 PM~20614859
do they make lo pro fuel cells that would fit in the stock locale of the tank? something stronger than the plastic stock?
id rather have the plastic one seems safer

·
Registered
497 Posts
Chuck, borrow a stop sign, goof off the stop sticker and machine turn the face! Break bend forty fives and mount under tank! Perfect fit.

I looked under mine and I have mad clearance. Operation cup cut soon! You have any pics of your rear set up? I may move mine a lil forward to gain a few inches of hight.

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by robncheal@May 26 2011, 11:42 PM~20638408
Chuck, borrow a stop sign, goof off the stop sticker and machine turn the face!  Break bend forty fives and mount under tank!  Perfect fit. 

I looked under mine and I have mad clearance.  Operation cup cut soon!  You have any pics of your rear set up?  I may move mine a lil forward to gain a few inches of hight.
im running sleeves right over the axle the caddys have the same problems we peaked under my buddys today i think i got him nervous now too his car sits alot lower then mine

im gonna get some 6 inch flat bar material 1/4 press break it and bolt to the frame

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
never touched it and havent had an issue

found this topic and just thought id let you guys know had it on the lift a few times and havent noticed any damage

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
never touched it and havent had an issue

found this topic and just thought id let you guys know had it on the lift a few times and havent noticed any damage
Yeah, you lucky my folk just drug a nice gapin hole in his... lol who's got em and what would fit back in there? ANy ideas?

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
No wagons in the yard but plenty of four doors and nobody can give me a straight answer if they're the same so if it ain't too cold and I cant google image it, Imma be taking a trip to the yard. I got a grab list anyways.

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No wagons in the yard but plenty of four doors and nobody can give me a straight answer if they're the same so if it ain't too cold and I cant google image it, Imma be taking a trip to the yard. I got a grab list anyways.
the caddy tanks are the same i know for sure

1 - 19 of 19 Posts